Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope headset- bottom cup (from hope reducer on a c456) to a hope 1.5 lower-which
  • hora
    Free Member

Basically I’ve got a reducer headset in my c456. If I was to run a tapered steerer which number hope headset (bottom cup) do I need to order? OR can fit a converter ring (if they exist?)

vintagewino
    Free Member

“Hi, to run a tapered fork on a 1.5 headtube you will need the F cup, part number HSCF. You can get those through any of the dealers on the locator on our site. Hope that helps.”

email I got from Hope when I asked the same question.

vintagewino
    Free Member

that’s the external one mind

wwaswas

Are you running the step down crown race or is the headset that’s stepped down and a standard crown race?

andyl
    Free Member

^ what wwaswas said.

Early versions had a stepped down cup and a normal race (silly solution)

Later they did an external 1.5@ bottom and a reducer adapter you fit the 1.5″ crown race to.

I am guessing you have the former in which case you want the external cup 1.5″ lower which should be the one mentioned earlier.

hora
    Free Member

Cheers- how do you remove the lower cup? Normally I use my trusty old seatpost/hammer however… its a C456 frame. Still do this?

vintagewino
    Free Member

I needed a wheel built too so I took mine to the LBS *hides in shame*

nuke

Cheers- how do you remove the lower cup? Normally I use my trusty old seatpost/hammer however… its a C456 frame. Still do this?

Well I used a headset remover but that’s more or less the same as the seatpost/hammer method. Took my time and the headset (Hope) came out fine…C456 has alloy inserts in headtube iirc. Did mine in a workstand but got someone to support the downtube.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope headset- bottom cup (from hope reducer on a c456) to a hope 1.5 lower-which’ is closed to new replies.