Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope Headset Bearings
  • greenwood103
    Free Member

Just wondering if it is possible to buy the hope headset bearings (new model headset) for less than £15
    Cheers, Alfie

deadkenny
    Free Member

Are the one’s you’ve got completely shot, or just muddy? Yet to have my Hope ones wrecked on the big bike. Just had one service by me taking them out, pulling the seals and cleaning them balls 😀 (and regreasing of course). Good as new now.

As for what replacement fits, I don’t know. Will depend what size and type of headset it is to (straight 1 1/8, tapered, 1.5 straight, integrated, semi, external, etc).

But Superstar do some bearings. Not sure they fit Hope but maybe. £7 got me a couple of 1 1/8 and another £7 for a single 1.5. That’s for my hardtail, not Hope on it though.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Bearings are loads cheaper if you get them from places that don’t sell bike stuff.

Look up a local bearing supplier and take them with you.

ska-49
    Free Member

There should be a code on the bearings. Just type it into ebay.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

codes should be on the hope website under tech.

Northwind

Is it a straight steerer headset? Bearings are the same as in a Cane Creek S3/S8 (and probably many others), the CC ones are just as good as Hope IMO and much cheaper. I don’t think it’s a standard industrial bearing size.

The Superstar ones mentioned above also fit, though yet to find out how they last, they seem decent enough.

robhughes
    Free Member

^ +1.
    That’s what i use and there spot on.

greenwood103
    Free Member

Hi guys thans for the replies.
    – The bearings are completely ruined as apposed to a bit muddy.
    – There are no codes anywhere on the bearings.
    – I tried my local bearing dealer and they said they were completely bike specific
    – It’s 1 1/8 straight steerer

greenwood103
    Free Member

I’ll give the superstar ones a go

greenwood103
    Free Member

Saying that I just looked at some reviews and they are supposedly quite poor

Northwind

Mine have done a couple of uplifts in the big bike now, no totally grim weather so can’t comment on weatherproofing but they’ve not gone drastically wrong which is a good start.

robhughes
    Free Member

If it’s semi integrated these are the wee fellas you need.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11266

greenwood103
    Free Member

Ah cheers Rob, do you think this is the code: MH-PO3K ?
    Cheers

robhughes
    Free Member

Don’t worry about any code bud.
    These fit strait in and there really good bearings.Iv’e got them in two of my hope headsets.One set has been in for about 2 years and there still perfect.All iv’e done is pop the seals once in a while clean them out and refill with grease.

greenwood103
    Free Member

Awesome cheers bud 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

No worries… 😉

bighendo
    Free Member

see, i built my Heckler up Donkeys years ago
    ride it week in week out, summer.. winter ..rain ..shine
    never changed the headset yet!
    or even had to adjust it
    …C-H-R-I-S K-I-N-G

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope Headset Bearings’ is closed to new replies.