Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope head doctor problem
  • rascal
    Free Member

Just bought various bits and bobs to upgrade to new shiny Revelations up front. Loosened off the head doctor and it drops into the old Fox Floats no problem….it doesn’t want to go in the Revs at all though. Anyone else had this problem? Bloody annoying as delayed my little project in the sunshine yesterday. 😥

coatesy
    Free Member

Had it on a carbon fibre steerer, was able to skim the head-doctor back in a lathe, not much help if you haven’t got one though.

onandon
    Free Member

Yep, I found the same with my head dr.
    It wouldn’t fit inside the the forks I had at the time – two carbon and one steel.
    The kcnc version is actually much nicer, it’s more secure and lighter in weight.

jimw
    Free Member

I have recently fitted a hed doctor to a set of 2012 revs from Merlin- wound it right out and it went in no problem. I did lubricate the o ring with soapy water to help initial entry ( as it were…)

steel4real
    Free Member

Yep – I found it more of a struggle in revs than Fox. Got it in eventually although suspect the O ring may have got cut a bit.

This is what I did

– Lubricate your (‘O’) ring with rubber friendly grease.
    – Completely removed both the screw together parts and dropped the bottom bit in, then sqieezed the collar in. Pushed the lower threaded part up inside the steerer on a dowel and then threaded the hex key bit in. It’s a fiddle and I don’t know the names of the actual parts but it’swhat I did.

rascal
    Free Member

It’s not my ring that’s the problem 😆
    The lower part of the assembly is way too tight to go in so the ring isn’t the issue.
    Have since spoken to a mate who will be able the machine a nat’s knacker’s width off – just enough for it to drop in. He bought the same forks (Merlin) and has a Head Doctor too so will inevitably has the same issue.

Cheers all

rascal
    Free Member

Just realised I spelled gnat wrong 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope head doctor problem’ is closed to new replies.