• This topic has 24 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Hope have just brought out a wall clock…..
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Needed a clock for the bike cave so a cheap worn disc off here and a trip to ebay and came up with this… 🙂

RustyMac

Like the idea but would it not have made more sense to line the rivets up at 6 and 12 rather than 3 and 9 so you stand a better chance of figuring out what time it is.

andyl
    Free Member

I spy a crack 😉

looks good, shame the Hope logo doesnt align with a rivet so you could have them at 12 and 6 o’clock

mr_mills
    Free Member

It’s slow!

robhughes
    Free Member

No crack just a mark in the plastic spacer i made up 😀
    You got it andy.Look weird if you set the rivet to the top.Hope logo would be all askew.
    Just for you rusty.

andyl
    Free Member

I’ll let you off then. Looked a crack from the top left screw hole.

postierich
    Free Member

Nice idea any chance of a link to the clock bit!

robhughes
    Free Member

Hi rich.It,s a sweep movement so no annoying ticking.Just ask the guy to send you a red second hand as just looks a bit better than all white.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360440257758?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
    Cut 5mm off the rotor bols and make up a wee spacer.Drill trough bolt holes with 5mm drill.Drill 8mm hole in center.nip the bolts up..Job done….5 mins 😀

Kryton57

Rusty Mac – Member
    Like the idea but would it not have made more sense to line the rivets up at 6 and 12 rather than 3 and 9 so you stand a better chance of figuring out what time it is.

Twenty past six.

kayak23

The time is wrong.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

You will find some stiff competition from Kenny Wilson who has been making fine high end wall art, clocks and the like from bike components for years now.
    http://www.componentcreatives.com/

redthunder
    Free Member

That really good 🙂

I did the same for my billiard room. Old clock reversed and hand painted in acrylic 🙂 went for the textured feel.

I have an old Raliegh chain ring and probably do another clock.

IMG_2745 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Houns

Love it

Houns

(The hope jobbie not that hand painted jobbie)

passtherizla
    Free Member

I like the hope sign at a jaunty angle, just looks better..

top job, is there a naked clock mech you can buy….? *Toddles over to google*

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks Houns.
    A mate of mine has some carbon fiber bits and bobs so he,s sorting me a bit out to replace the spacer with.
    passtherizla…that sounds a good idea.like a small skeleton movement.

spooky_b329

There is a nice twist with these clock kits, you can replace the hour hand with a disc or square with the hours written on, and then make a fixed hour hand pointing up from the bottom. The square rotates and the hour hand will point out the hour on the disc, and then the minutes can be written around the outside as 5, 10, 15, 20 etc instead of the usual hours.

I have one on the mantelpiece and I enjoy watching people get confused trying to work it out, however it is quite simple and easy to read when you get your head round it.

Another design I saw (which is a bit more complicated to make – though probably possible with a spoke and some patience) is to have a long hour hand that goes in a big spiral, the hours are written down the centre of the clock face in a line, and where the spiral crosses the hour indicates the time.

crazy-legs

I’ve seen similar from all sorts of bike parts.

There was a guy at the Cycle Show in Birmingham who had soldered chains together to make bowls, these little tealight holders:

and various other bits and pieces.
    My LBS owner has a small table made from an old carbon fibre disc wheel.

ourmaninthenorth

Hi rich.It,s a sweep movement so no annoying ticking.

Eh? It’s Hope clock – surely that’s the whole point?!!!!

robhughes
    Free Member

Hahaha…Good un that ourmaninthenorth

redthunder
    Free Member

Soon to be clocks…vintage chain rings.

P1010025 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Raleigh

P1010026 by SGMTB, on Flickr

Rudge

robhughes
    Free Member

Na …Not tech enough… 😉

breadcrumb

Knocked that up a while ago, sits in the living room now.

hopefiendboy

sick

Andy

Always liked that rudge pattern 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Hope have just brought out a wall clock…..’ is closed to new replies.