Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope freehub – what a dream (and a couple of Q’s)
  • theotherjonv

Purely by chance have just serviced(ish) a Hope freehub.

The wheel was leant up against the car in the car park and numbnuts here knocked it over onto the end of the axle (being off a Fuel it has the bolt through skewer thing hence landed on the axle end) Which caused it to self destruct, dumping the spacer and cassette with freebub still in it onto the ground, and better than that 3 tiny springs and pawls too!

Once located and brought home I’ve rebuilt it from instructions on the web and it’s a dream compared to faffing with the freehubs on Shimano.

Anyway – the Q’s

Is the axle spacer thing just a push fit? I was surprised that this minor knock could get it off, should it have a bit of studlock or something on it?

When you buy a replacement freehub, does it have the bearings already inside it? Or do you need those separately?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ts just a push fit – when bolted up in the drop-outs the axle tension holds it all together. the bearings come separately – don’t know why you would want another freehub –

jonb
    Free Member

My shimano hub doesn’t self destruct i fit get’s a knock…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Neither does hope – it take 30 seconds to put it back together. try stripping and lubing a shitmano freehub

theotherjonv

I may need another freehub because this is an alu one and without realising I’ve run a budget cassette which has notched the splines.

teacake
    Free Member

Dremmel them splines boyo! Don’t waste more than £50 on something you don’t need.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope freehub – what a dream (and a couple of Q’s)’ is closed to new replies.