Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope Freehub
  • randomuk
    Free Member

Hello

Need a new freehub

Not 100% but think my current hub is a Hope Pro, will the Pro 2 Freehub fit my hub?

cyclistm
    Free Member

That’s a pro 2.. Pro 2evo will not work without replacing all the internals

cyclistm
    Free Member

Actually doesn’t look like it needs replacing though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The evo has a different axle and bearing size but hope have some good exploded diagrams

randomuk
    Free Member

Smashing cheers, I can stil get hold of a Pro2 freehub

The end is rounded off, the 11t cog is just spinning on any significant pedal pressure.

randomuk
    Free Member

Is there any benefit from going with the EVo and changing the internals over?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Not really. Think the evo has slightly less drag but the conversion for a new axle, bearings and end caps won’t be cheap

randomuk
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

smatkins1
    Free Member

The end is rounded off, the 11t cog is just spinning on any significant pedal pressure

How on earth did you manage that?

andyl
    Free Member

chainwhip on the 11T when removing?

tony07
    Free Member

Have a free hub here for sale if you want. Usual cassette marks. Email in profile

docrobster
    Free Member

Actually in your situation I would upgrade the internals to evo spec at the same time.
    The cost of upgrading from old pro 2 to evo is mainly the new freehub and unless the bearings are brand new they will need replacing at some point, so you’re just left with the cost of the axle.
    The advantage of evo of old pro 2 is ease of adaptability eg to go bolt through its just new end caps instead of swapping the axle, and if you ever want to use an xd driver for sram 11 speed you need evo internals for that.
    My 8 1/2 year old pro 2 bodies both cracked at the flanges recently and hope sold me new hub bodies for £15 front £35 rear so no reason not to keep these hubs going as long as you can.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Fair point doc, also evo spares seem a little easier to find too

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope Freehub’ is closed to new replies.