Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope free hub body…..
  • dhyetiman
    Free Member

Hi all, I have a rear hope pro 2 hub but the free hub body (the bit the cassette slides into) is quite torn up, to the point it’s a struggle to get the cassette off! From what I’ve read this is a common occurrence and just wondered what people generally did, I.e. Replace whole freehub body for mega bucks or just file the burrs off and keep using it?

Thanks
    Dhyetiman

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

File the burrs off, easy.

bikeneil
    Free Member

File then fit XT cassette.

dhyetiman
    Free Member

Ok thanks, thought that would be best, new ones are silly money!!! Already have Dt cassette 😉

eshershore
    Free Member

Speak to hope customer service – usually very helpful with this issue

Most recently happened twice with aluminium body on my road wheels, replaced foc. Third time they gave me a steel body foc.

Also happened on all my pro II Mtb wheels even with sram pg990 or XT spider style cassettes.

Filing does not address issue because once the splines are worn the cassette becomes a loose fit which can cause creaking and shifting “noise” under power even with locking at 40nm. Problem only gets worse with time..

Filing will allow the cassette to be refitted easily though 😉

skeff10
    Free Member

Sorry for a bit of a hijack….my hope II freehub seems to be coming off the axle too easily, as in the endcap keeps coming loose leaving the freehub to move. Is this normal? Or Do I need a new endcap or axle?

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Skeff10

Sounds like the seal behind the freehub isn’t seating correctly.

skeff10
    Free Member

Cheers. I, ll have a look.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope free hub body…..’ is closed to new replies.