Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope floating rotors
  • ethicsgradient
    Free Member

Hi All,

First post here – hope I'm not out of order. I've got a lovely shiny 200mm Hope 'floating' rotor on the front of my bike, and thought I'd get the matching rear to shave a few grams. And satisfy my sense of symmetry. I searched all over the web but couldn't find the weight saving, so here it is for those interested.

183mm Steel : 152g
    183mm Floating : 148g

I.e. – 'f' all

Yes, I know that they're there for better handling of heat than weight saving – but 4g! Jeez.

I spent the 4g on a sugar in a cup of tea drunk whilst admiring my blung wheel. They still look lovely.

Cheers!

Mark.

paulwf

They look nice though. And now your bike has mismatching rotors. Can you live with that?

Northwind

They're a fair bit heavier than Ashima Airotors too. (136g for 203mm)

wormhole

best of all they "ting" when hot!!!! you'll see 🙂

ethicsgradient
    Free Member

Paul – they are mismatched in terms of diameter. I'll have to hang off the back of the bike to make them look the same size.

"Small….. Far away."

Are those Ashima the ones with very little metal? They're a great idea for most but I'm a clumsy bugger.

ethicsgradient
    Free Member

Oh I like the sound of the ting. I always get a smile on my face when the car does that after an 'enthusiastic' drive home.

Northwind

ethics, that's the ones. They seem durable enough for me so far but you're right, they'd probably not stand up all that well to an actual solid impact.

(anyone who is nervous of buying inexpensive rotors from a brand they've never heard of can now buy the exact same product from KCNC for 50% extra 😉 )

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope floating rotors’ is closed to new replies.