Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope Evo2 -normal for freehub/cassette to slide off?
  • hora
    Free Member

Changed the 12mm adaptors to standard QR and the freehub/cassette just slips off easily. Normal? When tightened up it should be all ok but is this normal?!

Ive lock nutted the cassette right (checked)

Scapegoat

Check that you got the plastic seal seated properly when you put the free hub body back on. There are a number of folk who fall foul of that, me included.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-freehub-puzzler

jaseisace71

Yeah as above hora mate
    Hope say you need a special tool but you don’t just take the cassette off and press down the black ring seal into the hub body just make sure it’s on the tight way up and seated in the groove on the freehub body

hora
    Free Member

Nothing extra or missing. Theres a metallish spacer at the foot/around the axle with freehub removed. Give up. Got a old pro2/dtswiss thatll use for now.

Ive got to try and remove a seatpost shim thats jammed stuck. No remove no ride this weekend!

hora
    Free Member
    davewalsh
    Free Member

Seal fitting is at 5:10. ?I don’t have the special tool but found a 40mm plumbing fitting that is exactly the right size. Only the seal holds the freehub in place until the skewer is tightened.

hora
    Free Member

40mm plumbing fitting- look for a cylinder 40mm wide in b&q?

Would a block of wood/hammer work?

akak
    Free Member

If the seal is worn it won’t click in. I think it is £2 but no particular consequence of not replacing it imo.

hora
    Free Member

The wheel itself is less than 6months old

br
    Free Member

Seal fitting is at 5:10. ?I don’t have the special tool but found a 40mm plumbing fitting that is exactly the right size. Only the seal holds the freehub in place until the skewer is tightened.

You can get a Hope tool, it comes in the kit for replacing bearings, and it works very well.

Or separately:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pro-2-seal-tool/rp-prod28390?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gclid=CIXriZX8vr4CFdShtAodHGYAIw&gclsrc=aw.ds

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

As mentioned, sounds like the seal is either worn or has popped out.

I never needed the tool, the seal went back in by hand once greased.

I pulled the freehub off by accident when trying to pull the old qr adaptors off and ended up with the whole freehub assembly in my hand!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope Evo2 -normal for freehub/cassette to slide off?’ is closed to new replies.