Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope Eternity Seatpost?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Fancy supporting the Brits here but need to know are these as good as the infamous Thomson of which I have had 6 with no problems except they seem to mark easy on the anodizing.
    Any experiences would be appreciated

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Works great easier to fit than a Thompson it’s on my do everything hardtail and about 3 years no issue

fudge9202
    Free Member

Mike, how has the anodizing held up?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In a steel frame so gets greased. Looks better than some Thompsons I’ve had.

The numbers on the back lasted a while.

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve got one, it’s held up pretty well – at least as good as a Thomson anyhow. After a year of riding it’s just starting to show wear to the anodizing and I move it quite a bit.

I found the mounting system a bit fiddly TBH, but it works well and is easy to adjust once you’ve got the saddle in. Doesn’t seem to creak either.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Looks good, cheers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

to add this one is from Sep 10 so early batch

boxfish
    Free Member

Thread hijack!

I’ve got a warranty replacement 31.6mm Hope Eternity post for sale if you’re at all interested. Haven’t posted it in the classifieds yet but email is in my profile if you’re at all interested.

fudge9202
    Free Member

boxfish yes definately interested, how much. Out of curiosity why was it replaced.

boxfish
    Free Member

Fudge,

It was replaced by Hope as the base of the clamp was moving/twisting in the post when under load.

The other parts were not replaced: there’s minimal wear to the anodising of the clamp bolt heads. I can send you some photos of the post later on? Looking for £45.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers boxfish

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope Eternity Seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.