Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Hope Eternity Seatpost
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

they are looking goood ! just saw an advert in the latest MBR magazine for this long awaited seatpost…. soooooo when is this product going to be available..anyone know ?

druidh
    Free Member

Does it look like a long metal tube with a bit on the end for fitting a saddle?

PJ266
    Free Member

druidh – Dont be so daft!

SpeedyG
    Free Member

Does the "eternity" tag apply to the long wait for it then?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

yes – says in the adverts

nickegg
    Free Member

Druidh – it sounds as if you're implying that it's just like all other posts…if so then you better let all Thompson seatpost owners know the same 😉

I'd love either but can't justify/afford it when it does nothing better IMO than my EA30 post but costs alot more…..oh well.

Kahurangi

While I'm a fan of the bolting system (in principle – I've just fitted a bonty post that has a sidewasys bolt – dead easy to adjust and avoids mudguards, lights, bags or anything mounted on the seatpost) I don't think it's a very attractive post.

😐

elaineanne
    Free Member

wayhey thats the one…..

lyons
    Free Member

i think that is a nice looking post, i had a bonty one which was simila and was very easy to adjust. If i didnt use I beam posts and saddles i'd consider that in the fute

Swalsey
    Free Member

I don't fancy the bonded on top of a tube head… I've seen them fail, and it seems like designs like Thomson's get rid of such a weakness

TooTall
    Free Member

nick – Thomson seem to be able to quantify their products on the strength in tests. Seems fair enough to me.

nickegg
    Free Member

Thats the trouble, i've only ever had cheaper posts that came with the bike.

I've not managed to break one yet so can't justify spending the extra cash when the cheaper posts have served me so well.

I would love to buy a Thomson/Hope but it won't make any difference to the ride but my wallet would be lighter i suppose 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmm…basically a Bonty/Maverick copy clamp, just machined and so more expensive to make and heavier 😐

elaineanne
    Free Member

emailed hopetech and the post is out in the new year (tho they didnt say exactly when ? duh… so do i get 'thompson elite' or 'Hope Eternity'….i just cant make up my mind ? lol

Notter
    Free Member

For the same price I think I'd rather get a Thomson……no rational reason other than I don't think that Hope one looks fancy / bling enough!
    (Yes it's shallow but, frankly, I don't care):-)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Great clamp design as used by Bonty, Spesh etc, but the post looks cack.

elaineanne
    Free Member

thepost looks cack ? ooohhhhh….
    just rang them anyway, and the post will be out in January….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

thepost looks cack ? ooohhhhh….

Yes, yes it does.

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol oh dear ? so u prefur the thompson then do you….. is that A1 in your book then or is that cack too ? lol or is 'cack' your new 'Buzz word' ?….

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i don't think i've ever come across someone SO excited about a seatpost before… 😯

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I didn't realise I had an old 'buzz word'.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

i don't think i've ever come across someone SO excited about a seatpost before…

Quite.

Dave
    Free Member

and avoids mudguards, lights, bags or anything mounted on the seatpost

All my seatposts avoid all the avove :o)

elaineanne
    Free Member

just wondering about the fixing tho on the new hope design….. would a thompson post be better ? 'Hope' dont make bad things tho ?
    geeeez i just cant make up my mind. lol… wonder if 'singletrack office' will be getting any soon (fresh goods)…just so i could pop down to have a look …hmmmm

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I can't understand why anyone would use anything other than Thomson for stems and posts. Been using them on various bikes since Thomson first made an appearance over here in about 1999 and they've been faultless.

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok if i went for Thompson :

my current seatpost is size 27.2 but those sizes also come in 250mm , 330mm and 410mm ….which one do i get ?

grumm
    Free Member

I can't understand why anyone would use anything other than Thomson for stems and posts.

Because they're really expensive and don't offer any great advantages over cheaper versions? Don't get me wrong they are lovely bits of kit and I have a nice thomson stem, but it's an extravagance really.

What size is your frame and your current seat post?

elaineanne
    Free Member

as above …seatpost 27.2 ( cant find any mm sizing on post… and frame size = 14 inch ( im only a 5ft in height) lol thats why i have the smallest frame.

The 250mm one is probably the one to get for a 14" frame.

410mm is definitely too long and most of a 330mm one would be inside the frame.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I can't understand why anyone would use anything other than Thomson for stems and posts. Been using them on various bikes since Thomson first made an appearance over here in about 1999 and they've been faultless.

I don't use them any more, too expensive and heavy, look nice though.

elaineanne
    Free Member

ok cheers…

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>they are looking goood!<

It's by Hope, it will work but as for looks / design I'd have to say it's hardly mould breaking stuff. The old XYO was a piece of kit that looked good / lasted an eternity…

elaineanne
    Free Member

MIKE ::: well my original post is 325mm at the moment ! so the 330mm shud be fine shud it not ???

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The only snaped stem I've ever seen was a Thompson

The only seatpost I've ever bent was an Easton

I'll be sticking to titec/truvative stuff with its lifetime/5year warenties from now on!

Yes, Elaine, 330mm will also be fine.

ma-maracas
    Free Member

Anyone know if the Eternity is available yet? they said January, but it doesn't seem to be selling anywhere?

joolsburger
    Free Member

I'm a larger fella and have bent loads of posts, well five or six anyway, over the years. Then I got a Thomson it's indestructable afaict.

robsoctane
    Free Member

I snapped a Thomson seat post, not running it ‘wrong’ – they are not bomb proof.

Hope looks great I think, plus it’s British… 😉

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Hope Eternity Seatpost’ is closed to new replies.