Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Enduro wheels. Tubless valve issue
  • jimr80
    Free Member

Do the Hope rims use the same valve as Stans rims ?
    I have just purchased a pair of used Hope wheels and tried to reuse my Stans valves from my old wheels. The valve end that seals against the rim just pushes straight through the inner part of the rim 😯
    So could be be that the valve have shrunk(still fit my flow rims fine) or is there something more specific for the Hope rims.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve had cafe latex and superstar valves on mine, no dramas. Prefer the ss as the bung is conical rather than a square block. Doesn’t need to be uber tight, just finger snug, the sealant will sort the rest.

jimr80
    Free Member

the Stans valves are conical. I was only sliding the valve in place using very little force when it just went straight through the inner rim. 🙁

smatkins1
    Free Member

I use the conical Stans ones on my Hope rims, they fit. Has the previous owner drilled the rims for schrader valves?

thegreatape
    Free Member

^ that then is the obvious question

jimr80
    Free Member

I hope not. I feel an email coming on.

otsdr
    Free Member

The official instructions do say that you should enlarge the inside valve hole, but the cone isn’t supposed to go through it… http://www.notubes.com/detailed_kit_instruction.aspx

br
    Free Member

stick a washer on the inside

smatkins1
    Free Member

My friend who does drill his rims for Schrader said that the inner hole is already the right size for a Schrader valve, it’s just the outer hole he had to drill. That was for some Stans rims I just sold him. Since the Stan’s valve fits my Stans and Hope rims the same then there shouldn’t have been a need for the previous owner to enlarge the inner hole… that’s not to say he didn’t. You should be able to see from the outer hole if he has enlarged it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Enduro wheels. Tubless valve issue’ is closed to new replies.