Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope E4 – what brake pads
  • younggeoff

Hello All,
    ok just changed brakes and now looking for the best / most effective pads to run on them.

So who’s running what pads (make and model) in their Hope E4 brakes?

Superstar, Hope, RWD etc..

suggestions required before I buy spare pads.

Cheers, Geoff

chiefgrooveguru

I run the Hope organic on the full-sus and sintered on the hardtail (which has M4 not E4 but there’s not much difference). Even the organic pads last ages if you buy the Hope OEM ones – which means they work out pretty cheap in reality.

creamegg
    Free Member

Hope sintered (on V4’s), haven’t tried anything else in them tho

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    vmgscot

Hope OEM….I prefer the organic to sintered and no fast wear issues…although it’s Scotland not the Alps I ride in….that’s in a few weeks 🙂

stoney
    Free Member

Allways run sintered in mine, Minis, M4, and now E4. If i couldnt get the genuine Hope ones then the Aztec or Clarks are a very good alternative.

discoduck
    Free Member

I just use HOPE sintered in my Evo M4 brakes, they seem to last a long time and are definately up to the job, maybe organic for the dry weather if you fancy a change ?

andysredmini
    Free Member

I highly recommend staying with hope organic. They last for ages and are silent in use.
    I don’t think it’s worth the small cost saving buying some cheaper ones like superstar having had a couple of bad experiences with the pad material coming off the backplate. Other peoples opinions will differ.

HindlePie
    Free Member

I’m currently running the Race Matrix pads (rear) from uberbikes and am not impressed in the slightest despite bedding them in as per recommended. They seemed okay for the first couple of rides but now have no power whatsoever. The Superstar Sintered pads (front) still feel nice and sharp even after a week in the Alps.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve ran Uberbike sintered over a year now in m4’s & tech 3’s on my other bike, they’re mint,I’ve also got some race matrix but never tried them !.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Been with the Hopes from day one on my tech m4’s even shipping/imported in Oz they are still good value due to their performance and longevity.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope E4 – what brake pads’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts