Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hope E4 caliper and A type mounts. An odd question.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m toying with the idea of a Hope V twin with E4 caliper on my road/commuter bike. However, it has IS mounts and the forks are limited to 160mm rotors.

I don’t think the E4 caliper fits around the A type mount. I hope someone will tell me it does.

But this got me thinking, why do the two holes on a disc mount have to be joined together? Once it’s bolted in place, does it really need to joined? Couldn’t you just remove the bit of the mount that fouls the caliper?

simondbarnes

Why would you do this given the V-Twin comes with calipers?

Onzadog
    Free Member

It comes with a choice of X2 or E4. The E4 would fit with 160mm rotors on a post mount frame. It’s the IS frame and the need for adaptors that make it tricky.

simondbarnes

Ah, forgot there were the 2 options!

Onzadog
    Free Member

But does anyone know if the E4 caliper works with IS forks and 160 rotors?

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Eery adaptwr I have ever seen for converting an ismount to a post adds 20mm to disc size. So to my knowledge the answer is no.

Best people to ask would be Hope though.

John

coatesy
    Free Member

Fairly sure we’ve got an A type in the workshop, will try to put an E4 on it later if I remember/get time.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That would be fantastic if you could Coatesy.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Managed to have a look yet Coatesy?

coatesy
    Free Member

Afraid we got absolutely nailed today, customers waiting before we opened, build list as long as my arm, and a constantly ringing phone put paid to any chance of looking. Will try tomorrow if I remember.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Honourablegeorge, yes I do, but the question is whether or not an E4 caliper will foul it.

Coatesy, thank you very much, your efforts are much appreciated.

coatesy
    Free Member

Sorry, somebody’s had a sort out prior to going on holiday, and has lost an entire box of Hope mounts. I’m unable to find any of them, and unable to contact him either, so i’m unable to help you at this moment.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks for trying anyway. I guess I should try giving Hope a call, they should know I imagine.

Still wonder if it would be okay to cut away the bit of the mount that clashes (if any of it does).

Onzadog
    Free Member

Had an answer from Hope. The E4 caliper will not work with the A pattern mount to fit 160mm rotor to IS forks.

I’m now wondering if the KCNC X7 adaptor will do it as it is noticably slimmer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hope E4 caliper and A type mounts. An odd question.’ is closed to new replies.