Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope E4. Bleeding nightmare
  • sharkattack

I offered to fix a mates brand new Hope E4’s so he can get out today. They’re on a new bike, been ridden maximum ten times. Yesterday the lever lost all pressure and was pulling right to the bar.

I’m bleeding them with a tube and bottle at the nipple end. Fluid in at the lever end, pump and squirt etc… All normal. The first bit of fluid was very bubbly. Pushed a load of new fluid through and the lever builds pressure as expected.

Then, if I wiggle the lever there’s a rush of bubbles in the reservoir from underneath the metal plate. This keeps happening. It’s all new fluid in there now and I can feel pressure at the lever, then it gives way and the reservoir fills with bubbles.

Could the lever be sucking air in from anywhere? All fittings are tight. It’s in a work stand with the lever at the highest point and all that.

Just wondering, should I persevere with it, or whip it off and have him send it back?

Cheers.

nixie

At that age warranty them. Unless of course they have crashed and damaged them somehow, even then though sending to Hope to fix would still be my first choice.

sharkattack

Obviously sending them back is an option. It’s just annoying when you have to write off a couple of planned rides.

chiefgrooveguru

If it’s losing pressure like that then there has to be a failed seal somewhere. I’d send them back.

submarined
    Free Member

Yup, sounds like a failed seal in the MC to me.

bigwill
    Free Member

Have you checked the connectors on both ends of the hose are tight enough, I’ve had a couple of new ones not quite tightened up enough and suck air.

honourablegeorge

As above.. hose not tight sounds like a possibility

andybrad

had the hose cause a similar issue at the barb.

still a bugger to bleed and i end up doing it with syringes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope E4. Bleeding nightmare’ is closed to new replies.