Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hope disk widths
  • rich-6
    Free Member

Can someone measure for me as I have a problem with a set of my hopes 🙁 the width of the different hope rotors for the M4s both new and older

I need to know the width of a

standard m4 rotor
    Floating m4 rotor
    Saw 180mm m4 rotor
    Saw 183mm m4 rotor
    Saw 180mm floating m4 rotor
    Saw 183mm floating m4 rotor

I popped into evans yesterday to try and find out, I asked the chap if he had any older style m4 rotors which he said he didnt so i could compare, Then said he'd pop in the back and measure them up (which i think he was comparing the newer m4 and m6 (mine) widths)

I have a funny feeling they are narrower than mine as the lever throw on this set of hopes is a lot less than my other set i had with older stle rotors, both of mine have very slight drag, using hope pads and all the pistons are free

Front is a hope hb and the rear is an XT (evans lad said this was my problem) however i havent had it before on these hubs

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

All the same thickness. Lever pull is nothing to do with the thickness of the disc as the pistons should reset to any width. Sounds like a slightly sticky piston – if the seal is stuck but the piston not the piston tends to retract too far giving a long lever pull. Usual remedy = pump the pistons out a tadge and lubricate them.

rich-6
    Free Member

Ive got the opposite now to what i had with my other set 😆 The Lever has less throw than it used too 😐

I've jsut about lost all my patience with them and going to flog them off on e-bay, The thought of having a nice set of hope brakes which ive never had problems with before no longer appeals, Stick witht he avid shite for a bit longer, at least they were sort of trouble free

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hope disk widths’ is closed to new replies.