Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Discs with Shimano XT brakes – are they compatible?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

As per title really, need new discs for my M785 XT brakes and wondering if i can use Hope disc coz i fancy a bit of colour.
    Will i die? or just waste my money! 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

yes

no

no

cr500dom
    Free Member

I ran a 160 floating hope rear with a 785 XT brake fine (Until I replaced the xt with a set of hopes)

RDL-82
    Free Member

I ran a 160 on the rear for several months with no real issue other than the rivets on the Hope floater seem to protrude quiet a bit and can catch on the caliper mount which for me led to less than ideal centering to negate it…maybe I just got a Friday special!
    Zero issue with the XT RT-76 floaters but black only so no good if you want something else.

Northwind

I used Hope floating rotors with older Shimanos, they did just barely fit but there was little margin for error.

But since there’s no obvious performance benefit from the rotors, and all the washers came loose on mine and let the steel piece come loose, I replaced them with normal steel rotors. Floaties for pushbikes don’t make any sense imo.

rocketman
    Free Member

They work fine with Superstar floating rotors 😉

If you have any issues it’ll depend on the rotor size. 160s tend to be quite tight in terms of braking surface vs the spider and rivets. 203s have miles of braking surface and the calipers are nowhere near any protrusions. 180s somehwere in between you may need to get the file out

RT76s better than any of them tbh

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I have Hope 203mm floaters with M785XT on my Patriot.
    Rivets are VERY close to caliper where mounting bolts go through, so much so that I decided to shave a mm or so of material off the caliper with an angle grinder(and chamfer the square edge off too), just in case.

I have Superstar 180mm floaters with M785XT on my hardtail. Clearance is fine with those.

I have 180mm RT-76 floaters with M785XT on my Liteville. No issues with these. Will probably buy these next time I need rotors.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Discs with Shimano XT brakes – are they compatible?’ is closed to new replies.