• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by RegP.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope Disc Brakes
  • RegP
    Free Member

Hi all, after a few years of trusty service my XC4 hope breaks do not work any more.

Please could anyone tell me the major difference between the x2 and the v4?

Cheers

juan
    Free Member

send them back to hope and let the magic beging 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Switch to Shimano brakes: Sooo much more reliable. I had two sets of Hopes before I went Shimano and will never go back.

z1ppy

anyone know how much Hope charge for a brake service? (per end)

I’m loving shimano too, until I came up against a set of 2nd hand LX dual control that will not bleed, unless I want to start replacing major parts until I get it fixed (and potential replace good parts), there useless…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Shimano are alright until they go wrong and you can’t get any spares. At all.

And pads are now £35 RRP!

mikey74
    Free Member

Where are you looking for pads? I have just ordered some from Total Cycling for £12 a each. Even Chain Reaction aren’t that expensive.

njee20
    Free Member

We sent back some XC4s and because they were so old they replaced them with Mono Mini Pros for the cost of the service. I’d be sending them back!

votchy
    Free Member

Seconded sending them back to hope, sent my V2’s back for a service and got brand new calipers, new pads, new braided hose for the rears all for the price of £0.00, not had a problem with them since.

kennyNI
    Free Member

Service about £40 per end iirc. That included replacement phenolic pistons for me.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Even if yuou pay for the service its not expensive £30 an end IIRC

Edit – too slow and wrong.

easy to do yourself anyway and all bits available

slowrider
    Free Member

in answer to your question, all the new ‘tech’ brakes share the same lever. this is a love it or hate it item depending on how you set your brakes up; if you like to run them quite inboard and brake one fingered with your index finger then they are great, if you run them closer to the grips then they can be a bit tricky to set up next to shifters. the hope website shows you how to do it though. the x2 caliper is like the old mono mini- great brake for xc, good feel, maybe a little underpowered. the m4 is a 4 pot caliper with a bit more grunt at the end of the stroke, still lots of feel though. i loves ’em. the v2 caliper is the big boys brake, dh type thing. last time i looked merlin had the best price but that was a few months ago now.

RegP
    Free Member

Well actually Hope have offered me a set of replacement Tech x2′ fr £150, what do people think to that good, as they do not stock old parts to replace the old ones?

Lesanita2
    Free Member

That’s half price of new. What do you think!

RegP
    Free Member

Sounds reasonable does anyone else have experence of this with hope? It is still £150

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope Disc Brakes’ is closed to new replies.