Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • hope ceramic bb
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

are they worth the money? Any better than say a xt one? Heard some problems have been had with them and not lasting long at all? Are they any smoother than the xt ones?

pinches
    Free Member

i bought mine 2nd hand, and have used it for about the last 2yrs with only minimal maintenance as per hopes BB service video on their site.

pondering_panda
    Free Member

I've had mine on my single-speed hack-bike for about 2 years and the bearings are still smooth as the day I got it despite using the bike for Downhill, Dirt Jumping and XC in thick mud.

For reliability, it seems to be top.

Is it worth it? … Well, it is very expensive, but before my hope BB I had seized 3 shimano BB's in about the same 2 year period. So, yes. I think they should last long enough to outweigh the cost of replacing cheaper units. Combine this with the hassle of changing the things or a BB seizing the day before a race and it makes them a bargain!

forgotmename
    Free Member

Had 1 for almost 3yrs, they are good value and reliable, best part they make!

el_diablo
    Free Member

I've had mine in my Orange 5 running a Race Face Dues for 2 years now, the bearings are still silky smooth although the plastic outer seal has worn a little, but they're only pence to replace.

JohnnyPanic

Just replace your existing BB bearings with ceramic?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘hope ceramic bb’ is closed to new replies.