Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope cassette, any good?
  • sheepshifter
    Free Member

Need a new cassette like the idea of getting Hope , any good?

Markie
    Free Member

Tick! Interested in this as well – particularly in regards to its performance vs SRAM!

andyl
    Free Member

I keep looking at them, £200 for the cassette and freehub and then £150 for the cassette after that. So light and the 10-44 range is perfect.

Worried about all the aluminium sprockets and it just seems wrong to spend over £70 on a cassette.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

you’ve gotta be a **** idiot to spend more than thirty quid on a cassette….

dingleberry
    Free Member

I usually love Hope stuff, but don’t like the idea of half a cassette made from aluminium… SRAM GX 10-42 is just about perfect for me.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

half a cassette made from aluminium

FML!! Aluminium; that’s the stuff they make kitchen foil out of FFS. It has no place on a bike.

But you know what they say; a fool and their money are easily parted…..

patagonian
    Free Member

I like Hope kit but that much money for what is basically a disposable item……….. Really??

wiggles
    Free Member

I like Hope kit but that much money for what is basically a disposable item……….. Really??

Seems like a bargain to me, eagle is £350

That’s over 50% cheaper 😉

Also as an amusing side note when I just googled to check how much the eagle cassete is some web sites offer it on finance it’s so expensive 😆

patagonian
    Free Member

But I wouldn’t buy Eagle either 🙂
    I’ve always used xt or the SRAM equivalent and if I want to save weight I don’t have the bag of chips on the way home.

mickmcd
    Free Member

The average human loses 2lbs in weight (mass for you pedants) just by defecating, now that’s value for money no parts manufacturer will ever be able to match.

Picolax for those race days to eek every gram

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope cassette, any good?’ is closed to new replies.