Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Hope carbon lovelyness!
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Most decent manufactures of carbon enduro bikes make them with Alu rear ends because they are more resistant to rock strikes and simply dent.

LOL really? They do on the cheap end bikes as it’s cheaper and you still get the front triangle as Carbon.

Bit of both in reality though.

I remember reading the Yeti ASR5c (?) review in Dirt where they admitted they had crashed and cracked the chainstay during the test, and Yeti told them it wouldn’t have been warrantied for a punter.

I’d probably be happier with carbon front/alu rear as a real-life compromise.

wrecker
    Free Member

To be fair, it looks a lot more polished than a lot of the geometry mules we see.
    The carbon rear on my santa cruz cracked and was warrantied, I’m not overly precious about having all teh carbonz now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The carbon rear on my santa cruz cracked and was warrantied, I’m not overly precious about having all teh carbonz now.

The Alu on my Orange Evo seat stays snapped, then the Alu on my S-Works Enduro Snapped (no warranty left on either).I’m perfectly happy on all Carbon these days, the rocks hit it, bounce off and I carry on. What was the SC failure? Was it the bonding issue? Thought that was resolved as a design flaw and fixed?

wrecker
    Free Member

Chainstay cracked. SC did warranty, but gave be a bronson frame and returned the LTc shock which doesn’t fit a bronson…..luckily the shop saw that this was really shit service and gave me a new shock (not a brilliant one but I’m not moaning).
    Not saying I wouldn’t have carbon rear again, just that it’s not something I’d go out of my way to look for.

coogan
    Free Member

Looks alright. Looks like most other ‘enduro’ style bikes really. Don’t like the machined back end mind you.

stevied
    Free Member

Looks nice but not sure I’d want to be cleaning that rear triangle though..

mindmap3
    Free Member

I think it looks pretty good in a Yeti kind of way. The carbon fibre finish looks good in a 90’s GT STS kind of way (that’s meant as a compliment) – it’s nice to see the weave which seems to be getting hidden on more and more modern bikes.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Looks good in a Yeti way. This

Also looks good in a CNC engineered Hope way.

Isn’t a 29er.

Looks very polished.

Damn, it. It even looks ‘British’ (in a Williams F1 way)

Want 😛

hairyscary

hairyscary

The Hope Barnoldswick 211 looks nicer than its almost namesake, the Rolls Barnoldswick 211.

I’m guessing there is a link between the two……The Hope guys are all ex Rolls Royce, I think.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Hairy,

That’s not an RB211, it’s a shaft short. It’s an Adour (RB172?) maybe? This is an RB211…

Yes, I thought that was a nod to the guys earlier careers.

hairyscary

It’s an industrial RB211…..doesn’t really need the big fan to push it forward 🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Ah that explains it then. There are four of those on one of the rigs my dad works on. The lack of an LP spool threw me. I guess the LP system is not shown the cutaway and would bolt on the back driving a generator or pump then instead of running through the centre of the engine driving a big propeller?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Hope carbon lovelyness!’ is closed to new replies.