Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope calipers with Avid 'Tri-Align' bolts and adaptors
  • DiscJockey
    Free Member

Just about to swap Avid BB5s for Hope X2s and I want use the existing IS to PM adaptors, which are Avid with Tri-Align bolts.

Anyone tried this ? Will it be OK ?

shaggy

You’ll need to take all the conical washers off, and probably use shorter mounting bolts. After that it’ll be fine.

julianwilson
    Free Member

As above: the tri-align stuff goes with the avid caliper not the mount, if that makes sense. Mount should be fine with just the new brake and possibly shorter bolts but if they are both is to pm mounts, you might find the bolts work too and just stick out the other side of the brake mount.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Thanks guys – both spot on….the Avid adaptors are indeed the same geometry as any other, and Hope calipers fit perfectly on them 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Have you also swapped rotors? watch out for 183mm versus 180mm etc

DiscJockey
    Free Member

To answer your question, no, I left the same rotors on (160mm RT98 ice-tech rotors on – I’m running 240s hubs hence C/L). The pad alignment of my X2 rotors is perfect on these rotors with these Avid adaptors.

To be honest, I’ve never been sure about that ‘3mm’ difference. Same with 200mm vs. 203mm. I actually think all large rotors are 183 or 203 but some manufacturers just state ‘180’ or ‘200’ to keep things simple. I might be talking crap, but that’s certainly my experience of buying a ‘200mm’ Hope rotor to replace a ‘203mm’ rotor and they were exactly the same….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope calipers with Avid 'Tri-Align' bolts and adaptors’ is closed to new replies.