Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Brakes
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Could anyone give me a quick run down of the previous and current models. I'm very confused with all the mono's and mini's and tech's etc. What does it all mean and how old/whats the value of each model?

Thanks,
    James

robarnold
    Free Member

Tech X2 and Race X2 are replacements for old mono/mini. Basically they are the 2 piston, XC suitable brakes (Race model is lighter)
    Then you have Tech V2. Again, 2 piston, but with a wider caliper body and able to run twin ply, vented rotors.
    Tech M4 are the four pot, beefier versions.

The Tech lever and caliper assemblies are pieces of CNC'd beauty, i've just fitted some Tech X2 with braided hoses and floating rotors, they look the business but can't comment on performance yet as i've been poorly since I fitted them!

Hope that helps

I have Tech 4's with braided hoses and floating (203/180) rotors – they may be a little heavier than their peers, but they are a thing of beauty – and they'd stop a train.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I had C2s for years,never let me down.
    Mono Minis on the P7,more modern than C2s,but not as good.
    Tech X2s on the 575 only had two outings,but so far,so good.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Tech/ Race series Silver with black borecaps and adjustable lever.
    Mono series silver with black borecaps and lever blade in most recent form, no external reach or bite point adjuster.
    Old Mono series Black with gold borecaps and black "sport" open system with silver lever blade 1st one piece caliper design from Hope hence "mono" name.
    Original Mini etc. Sport black lever body with sliver blade and silver 2 piece caliper.( M4, XC4, Enduro also in this series)
    Mini/ M4 pro. Pro type lever open system round MC reservoir.
    C2 closed system lever with pad wear/ bite point adjuster on top of round MC.
    There are lots of models between all of the different ranges, but these are the most popular in a nutshell since about '98.

JoeNation
    Free Member

In reverse chronological order…

Tech X2

Tech M4

Tech V2 (note the vented rotor)

Race X2

Moto V2

Newer Mini Mono in pink limited edition

Newer Mini Mono in gunsmoke limited edition

Newer Mini Mono in standard silver

Older Mini Mono

Mini (two piece caliper, same lever as older Mini Mono)

That's everything since about 2003. There's lots of useful PDFs here.

Jammy111
    Free Member

joe- that is a top reply, great effort and just what i was looking for. thanks 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Brakes’ is closed to new replies.