Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Brake service opinions
  • ackie
    Free Member

I have an Original pair of Hope Mini Disc brakes that after many years are in desperate need of a service.
    Hope charge approx £65 I think, including new hoses and pads.
    Is it worth the cash or should I just put it towards some new Avid Juicys?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What do they actually need? Changing seals if they are leaking is easy – other than that its a bleed thru and lube of the pistons. Easy peasy to do yourself.

That price with new hoses and pads is a bargain tho

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I agree with TandemJeremy.

I'd service them myself – very useful step-by-step instructions can be found online – and the seal kits are cheap. Chances are you don't even need them!

If time/fettling ability is limited then sell the Hopes for a fair price and put the £65 cash towards Juicys – they are a regular seller on here/Ebay.

If you do go for the Hope option, then tell them not to include/charge for pads, and take a look at superstar components for a less expensive option – might save a few quid there.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

ackie, I sent my M4s off to Hope for a service earlier this year after 2 years of use and was very impressed with their service. They basically came back brand new. Well worth the money IMHO.

ackie
    Free Member

Thanks for your input guys. I'm going to send them off as I haven't the will or inclination to strip them down myself and KINGOFBiscuits has sealed it for me.
    I will keep you posted…

steveh

Think it's 45 not 65 each. All the parts will probably cost you 30ish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Brake service opinions’ is closed to new replies.