Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope Brake Mount – Which One?
  • KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I’ve just had the latest QR15 lowers put on my Float RLCs by Mojo but upon there return I’ve found that the brake mounts are different.
    My ’07 fork lowers mounted the caliper by screwing in towards the wheel behind the left fork leg. The new lowers screw in towards the left fork lower itself.

Does anyone know what Hope brake mount I now need for a 183mm rotor?

STATO
    Free Member

does your caliper have an adaptor bolted to it already? infact, what is your brake?

snaps
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

STATO – Mono M4s 183mm Discs
    snaps – thanks, thought they might be the mounts I was after having had a quick look on CRC for mounts with the right type of mountings.

STATO
    Free Member

King, someone will need to confirm this as im not 100% sure but i think hope only sold IS M4 calipers (black/gold?) to fit 180mm rotors not 183mm, so if yours are the Post mount type (silver?) then all you will need is a new adaptor and your current rotor, not that adaptor and the bigger rotor.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Thanks Stato, I’ll ring the LBS and ope tomorrow to confirm. Just thought I’d got everything covered by buying the 15mm hub conversion kit. Just want to test the new forks out asap.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Stato, just thought I’d mention that the new brake mount adapter is called a ‘H Bracket’. When I removed my existing adapter which is an IS to Post Mount for 183mm discs this is classed as a ‘J Bracket’.

STATO
    Free Member

:0)

eviljoe
    Free Member

I have a 183mm rotor that won’t fit my Mono mini! grrrr

Is there an adaptor for that? ( a really didly one..)

STATO
    Free Member

not going to happen evil if youve got a IS caliper, sorry, blame hope for making stupid descisions (there was no need to go to 183mm, the reason they did was because the front 203mm adaptor runs as 183mm on the back. But a rear 160mm adaptor runs as 180mm on the front so they had to make a new front 183mm adaptor anyway, so annoying owners of 180mm calipers who suddenly find themseleves obsolete)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope Brake Mount – Which One?’ is closed to new replies.