Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope brake help on a BFe
  • ginge24
    Free Member

Hi all.

I’ve got a cotic BFe & hope brakes with 180/160 rotors.
    I had it all set up but the rotors sit right at the back of the calipers so there is not enough clearance.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to sort it out ? Or know where the best place to buy the right mounts ?

Thanks

hexhamstu
    Free Member

are they liquid ones?

ginge24
    Free Member

Yes hydraulic .I just need to know what mounts I need as mine don’t fit but they were fine on my soul

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hope M4’s fit fine on mine (older model), as far as I am aware no modifications required (shop fitted them – Nirvana in Westcott).

wiggles
    Free Member

What brake adapter are you using? Pictures?

ginge24
    Free Member

I can’t get pictures on here from my phone sorry.

They are hope monos & they went on fine on the soul but being a pain in the botty with the BFe.

The mounts I found hanging around the garage so I don’t know what they are sorry.

I guess I will have to take it into reading

chrssmale
    Free Member

If they are hope mounts they usually have a letter on them somewhere

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

“are they liquid ones?” hexhamstu, youre on the ball. either that or youve been on here too much today haha.

spectabilis
    Free Member

exhamstu – Member
    are they liquid ones?

😳

OP you’ve put the mounts the correct way round? Right?

ginge24
    Free Member

Yes I believe so but I will double check when I get home

spectabilis
    Free Member

Also a bit more info would help.

Did you just do a frame swap from the soul?

What exctly has changed from the working setup?

What model brakes ? PM or IS calipers ?

chrssmale
    Free Member

Actually, I think spectabilis has it. I had similar issues a few years ago. Off the top of my head I think I needed a 20mm adapter for both front and rear brakes. It nearly fitted when when they were the wrong way around, just needed that extra few mm.

shortcut

As mentioned above – if it worked on the Soul it should be fine on the Bfe. Your mounts are upside down/ wrong way round.

ginge24
    Free Member

No there the right way round,I spoke to cotic & they said it’s odd. Oh well I’m sure it will get sorted at some point

chrssmale
    Free Member

Us it both front and rear? Is it possible that your front rotor is 183 mm and you’re using 180 mm mounts?

nickc

you haven’t used Shimano mounts by accident?

ginge24
    Free Member

To be honest I don’t even remember where I found the mounts but they worked on my soul & even the guys at cotic said that it’s weird that they are not fitting on my BFe as they have the same geometry.Its my 1st build & I’m probably just being a pleb but I will double check the sizes.

Thanks for the help

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope brake help on a BFe’ is closed to new replies.