Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope brake help needed
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

I’m currently running hope X2’s with race evo levers and love them but just recently the rear lever has started coming right back to, or close to the handlebars. I’ve tried pumping it and its worked a bit but then sometimes it will just suddenly give up and go back again.
    There is plenty of life in the pads and both pistons are moving and when it does bite it doesn’t feel spongy, despite this does it sound like they still need bleeding?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep sounds like a bleed is needed. If it’s all of a sudden check the banjo fitting hasn’t been knocked round, happened to mine when I flew with it.

bella
    Free Member

Bleed. Easy enough to do. Seem to remember a service at hope is a total bargain once you factor in that they put new pads in (you could always hang on to the old ones).

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bleed. Easy enough to do. Seem to remember a service at hope is a total bargain once you factor in that they put new pads in (you could always hang on to the old ones).

Is it not around 100 quid for a full overhaul? Your idea of a bargain is slightly odd if so.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Aye they need a bleed

Its about £40 per end for a full service which will generally include replacing all the parts[ well pistons, seals and new pads – not sure what they do lever end tbh] which would cost about that anyway
    As it is about £20 to bleed at an LBS its certainly good value for money

joespencer33
    Free Member

Think I’ll just bleed them, no need for a service as theyre only a few months old

alanf
    Free Member

Try a bleed and if that doesn’t work, it’s probably a build up of crud around the piston seals.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

yeah sounds like there might be some air in the system somewhere, but they are so easy to bleed and a really good guide on youtube

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope brake help needed’ is closed to new replies.