Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • hope brake help
  • ben10
    Free Member

Hi all iv got a set off hope think there m4 brakes with 4 pot calipers be about 2003 models still stop me like you can’t believe. My problem is the levers are getting super floppy and starting to get a little slow at returning after I pull them in. Don’t think I can get any parts anymore so was wondering can I mix and match my calipers to another set off hope master cylinders or should I just look at a different make off brake set as a new set off hopes are to much money these days

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Firstly, make sure they’re bled properly.

Yes, new Hope levers will work, but you really need to phone/email HopeTech support to check with them.

You might be able to buy some 2nd hand Mono levers, or even the early Tech levers.

Don’t rule out your existing levers just yet. They might be older than 10 years (Hope stop making spares for items that old), but there’s a good chance that Hope will have stock of the parts you might need, as they’re possibly used on some of their newer parts. It could be that you need new piston seals in your levers.

jonk

You can rebuild the levers and callipers with new seals and brass bushings for the levers. I have recently overhauled my wifes set. Cost around £40 for the parts. Hope charge £40 each for a full service including pads if your interested. Failing that a set of Deores are not much more.

ben10
    Free Member

Hi ya all bead ok I did the caliper seals 2 years ago.and striped and serviced the master cylinders but think your right need to see if I can get any service parts for them there’s a lot of up and down play in the levers looks like the pivots/pins are worn out witch ant bad for 10+ year old brakes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘hope brake help’ is closed to new replies.