• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Hope bottom bracket advice for GXP upgrade
  • micky
    Free Member

I want to upgrade my dieing GXP B/B. I’ve recently handled a thread damaged Hope BB. The threads had disintergrated/crumbled after being installed in a titanium frame. I dont know if the wrong grease/thread seal etc had contributde to this. On studying the Hope B/B it did not appear have a lot going for it to be honest apart from far superior bearings and a choice of colours. The GXP top hat system that takes the load off the bearing (Hope GXP adaptor) was not as well designed as the SRAM one being 2 pieces instead of 1 and a blighter to take apart. I suspect this is because Hope could not directly copy the SRAM one so had to think of something different. The Material used for the cups and threads looked a lot softer from the damage to them.

My question is this before I think about buying the Hope B/B. Are Hope B/B’s just better because of the bearings and if so am I better off replacing/upgrading the bearings in my old SRAM B/B which looks slightly easier to do than the Hope one anyway. Then I may have better cups & threads too with a better top hat spacer system.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Hope bottom bracket advice for GXP upgrade’ is closed to new replies.