Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope bleed kit thread size
  • fulliautomatix

Hi everyone,
    I’m trying to bodge a bleed kit for hope brakes; a much simpler version of the pressurised contraption they used to sell. I have a trickstuff kit with syringes various adapters and one of the hope reservoir covers from their bleed kit, but I’m having trouble with fitting the two together.

Does anyone know the size of the thread in the reservoir cover? I’ve measured it to be M10 x 0.9, but am dubious of such an oddball size. I wonder if it isn’t imperial…

Failing that, anyone know of a glue which can withstand DOT fluid? Id just glue the hole shut and tap an M6 thread in the cap.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Sounds like you would spend more time bodging something together than it takes to bleed the brakes without a bleed kit.
    You really don’t need one for hopes, They are about as simple as bleeding brakes gets.

legend
    Free Member

There are also very good reasons why nobody liked the pressure bleeding kits

wobbliscott
    Free Member

60p length of windscreen washer hose from halfords is all you need, and about 15 minutes.

fulliautomatix

I have four bikes with hope brakes, so I think the investment is worth it. And as easy as the normal bleeding procedure is, I find it a faff having to go back and forth to fill the reservoir after every 3 lever strokes, hence wanting to try a pressure system.

As far as I could see, the old hope kit looked a faff because of needing a (schrader!) tube, I reckon with a syringe it should be super easy.

Anyway, I’ve spent the money on the hardware now, I might as well see it I can get it to work 😀

legend
    Free Member

Nah, it was a faff as you ended up having to try and clean Dot5.1 off the ceiling

fulliautomatix

😆
    And soon after it the paint which is no longer attached to the ceiling.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope bleed kit thread size’ is closed to new replies.