Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope bleed gone weird?!
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Just attempted to bleed my rear x2 brake for the first time due to having air in the master cylinder and the lever coming straight to the bars! So made sure i had all the tools, got some dot 5.1 brake fluid and a 3mm bit of pipe yesterday so I was all set o get it done this afternoon. So followed the brake bleed video and the tech lever bleed on the hope website step by step, made sure there was no air coming through before moving on, and even though the pads are now moving the lever still comes most of the way to the bars before biting with the Bite control all the way in. Anyone got any tips to get it back to the way it should be?

Thanks very much in advance.

postierich
    Free Member

Have you done the other side of the lever?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Yeah.. I had the same problems too. Followed the video to the letter. Didn’t work. 😕

The fool proof method I’ve found is to:

1) Adjust the bite point all the way SLACK

2) Push the pads / cylinders all the way back into their housing at the caliper end

3) angle the brake levers so they are pointing directly downwards on the bars

4) pull the levers to the bars with a zip tie

5) Leave over night

6) in the morning, undo zip ties and give the lever a few flicks back and forth – any air in the system will now have found its way into the reservoir

7) angle levers to horizontal and top up fluid to FULL in the reservoir – rolling the diaphram as in the video and replace the top cap.

Seems to work every time flawlessly, without the need for any faffing with bleeding whatsoever.

Also… remember to do the thing at the caliper end afterwards – to make sure the pistons are balanced – this makes a BIG difference. There’s a video about this bit too if you’re unsure.

ruscle
    Free Member

Bleed with set of old pads in, do final top up on master cylinder then fix top cap on so whole system is closed then push back pistons with screw driver (old pads still in) then put your pads in that ur using and pull levers several times to set pads and line them up so touch disc at same time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope bleed gone weird?!’ is closed to new replies.