Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope bearings
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Are the bearings for a front hub likely to be the same for most models? I have a Hope front hub but the trouble is I don’t know what type it is. I think it’s a ProII but it doesn’t say anything on it and I bought it SH a few years ago.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pop,the end caps off and find the bearing. On the rubber seal will be a code – eg 6001, something like that. It might say 2RS as well, which means ‘2 rubber seals’
    Search for ‘bearing 6001’ etc on eBay. Get SKF or FAG bearings, or anything from Katec bearings.
    Job jobbed. 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

Pro2 and Pro2Evo are the same(61804-2rs), as are BULB, and possibly certain versions of Pro3(though not all), XC and Sport used 6001-2rs. Probably best to pull the end caps off and check.

mikey74
    Free Member

I can’t access the wheel at the moment so I was hoping to do this without looking at it, but I guess it can wait.

Cheers.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If it can take a 20mm axle, it’s a 61804-2rs.

mikey74
    Free Member

It can indeed. Cheers Onza

digga
    Free Member

When you get the new bearings, carefully prize out the seals and put some proper grease in there. The original bearings are good, but the miserly sneeze of Vaseline-like snot that’s in them is a bit poor IMHO.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Or katec’s will be stuffed with good grease I believe. Probably will be Enduro bearings, and I think that’s what Hope are rebranded.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought hope were Swiss made ina bearings.

z1ppy

Every Hope kit I bought, which IMO tend to be good value for branded bearing, have been INA branded.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Probably right.

Was getting confused by Simplybearings advertised headset bearings as ‘Hope / Enduro’, yet also you can get plain ‘Enduro’ with same spec.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope bearings’ is closed to new replies.