Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • hope bb bearings?
  • jonnyrockymountain

Rather than buying a pair for £30 hope ones
    Anyone got a link to some just as good but cheaper?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

As far as I know, they are a specific made for Hope, as they run direct on the axle, rather than use a plastic shim to axle. I just bought one, which was faulty on mine and is a 2 min job to swop it out.

Junkyard
    Free Member

kaesae on ebay still do them??/
    K tech or something or other

BigJohn

I just bought a few sets of bearings from KaTec Bikes

I was surprised when Kaesae’s name came up on the confirmation. But they seem to be good bearings and well priced. They arrived quickly and most amazingly, because I bought 3 sets he also refunded about £5 postage to my Paypal account without being asked. Top man!

Scapegoat

Just browsed KaTec site and can’t find BB bearings specified…. is it just me?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Kaesae doesn’t have the Hope specific ones, only 25mm id with a spacer.

Best deal I’ve found was a bulk-purchase from UKBikestore, I think I ordered 10 bearings at £13 each.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

IIRC KaTeC’s for hope are regular sized bearings, with an adaptogizmo.

Not that that is a particular problem, just mentioning it.

The hope ones can have slightly larger balls as a result of the custom size = slightly longer life. Worth the extra? No idea.

fozzybear
    Free Member

get some hope ones from UKBikestore or return them to hope and ask for new ones to be fitted and use a cheap Shimano BB during the swap.

Fantombiker

These bearings are quite hard to get hold of….I have a few sets of quality bearings for the Hope Bottom Brackets. Brand new, stainless steel etc etc for £10 each posted, The Hope ones are £16 each I think. Can send photo….cheers

djen83
    Free Member

Just take the bearing size (ID = 24mm, OD = 37mm and width = 7mm)to a firm that made them – 2 min google job for bearing + location. They are all over the place, they’ll be peanuts. Then get the ‘top hat’ seals from UKBikeStore for a quid each if you have lost or destroyed the old ones.

Job done!

Dave

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just take the bearing size (ID = 24mm, OD = 37mm and width = 7mm)to a firm that made them – 2 min google job for bearing + location

Go on then, find someone, anyone, who makes a 24mm id, 37mm OD, 7mm thick bearing.

djen83
    Free Member

I did, and have a good contact to get them again next time I need them… hence the reason for adding my previous post to the discussion. Just trying to be helpful.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘hope bb bearings?’ is closed to new replies.