Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope 40T-Rex?
  • devash
    Free Member

OneUp / Wolf Tooth beater?

Was planning on going 1 X 10 for my next hardtail build and had settled on a 42t OneUp rear with 32T Race Face narrow wide front but just seen these are due any day now and was thinking 30T crank with 40T rear might be just as good.

Northwind

Can’t see any reason to go 40T tbh, the shifting on/off the OneUp 42 is surprisingly excellent. Other’n that I don’t think you’ll find anyone who’s used both so it’ll be hard to get a review.

devash
    Free Member

Yeah I have a friend who went One Up 42t / Race Face 32T on his Whyte 19 and the shifting is smoother than anything I have ever ridden. To be honest I couldn’t imagine ever needing more gearing as the setup worked for me even on long steep seated climbs. Seems the perfect setup but he said that the LBS where he had the build put together had lots of problems trying to get the B-tension screw set up and the gears indexed due to the 42T (a well respected North East LBS).

iffoverload
    Free Member

The reason I made myself a 40t is to use a short cage zee and 9 speed. 32/40 works for me.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/351634/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope 40T-Rex?’ is closed to new replies.