Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope 30mm bottom bracket tool?
  • theroadwarrior
    Free Member

So I splurged on a race face turbine crank and Hope 30mm bottom bracket for my new build.

It’s not arrived yet, but thinking about installation the hope website mentions a special tool is required to fit the 30mm cups, I take it none of my existing shimano external bottom bracket tools will work?

Where can I get a suitable tool for the hope 30mm BB? Hope doesn’t seem to list it on their site and I can’t find anything with google-fo?!

fathomer

Yes you need one, available here and loads of other places.

submarined
    Free Member

I got mine from uByk. Where in the UK are you?

daver27
    Free Member

Screw in or press fit? guessing screw in by the “external” bit mentioned above

vmgscot

I fitted without the tool.
    If you have an M20 bolt kicking around then the hex head on that is 30mm – the size that fits the screw-together sleeve. Worked for me.

otsdr
    Free Member

Got bit by this recently, I had a couple of Rotor BSA30 spanners and I figured they should fit the Hope BB as well. They don’t :).

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Thanks all- I’m actually getting the parts from Ubyk in Oxford as they’re cheapest… I’ll ask them if they can supply the tool as well!!

vmgscot

Ubyk – worth asking when you will get the bits – everything is in stock until you order. My Turbines were ‘in stock’ on the website then it became ‘in stock at supplier’ then ‘not with supplier so maybe a few weeks?”.

Ordered elsewhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope 30mm bottom bracket tool?’ is closed to new replies.