Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope 1×10 Chain ring problems? (Trek Remedy)
  • Stumpjumper
    Free Member

Anyone had any experience with these:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hope-single-chainring/
    32t Tooth Hope chainring. As above..
    I’ve got one on my 2011 Trek Remedy, as am running 1×10. But keep dropping the chain, when just pedalling backwards 1/2 crank, or riding in large cog on cassette. Chain has a fair angle on it when in the “climbing rings”. Only way to stop the chain dropping was to space the chainring in towards the bike, to straighten the chain run.
    Is this normal??

BTW: if I fit the std 33tooth (yes 33Tooth) middle ring from the original triple chainset I do not have the problem.

Clobber
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s the chainring problem, I always need a chainguide on any of my 1x setups to keep the chain on.

Are you using a shortcage rear mech?

wrecker
    Free Member

Chainguide? Which one?

Clobber
    Free Member

I use a Pauls chainkeeper,

I heard that the superstar ones are good value

Clobber
    Free Member
    honourablegeorge

Is the chainring in the middle ring position?

What chain device?

Stumpjumper
    Free Member

x9 rear mech (Long Cage I think).
    Yeah middle posn chainring with spacers. Just didnt inspire confidence having to space chainring in.
    When I fitted the std chainring, with shifter pins and ramps I didnt have the problem (without spacing the chainring). just running bash, and prototype inner chain guide (upper) if I had bottom guide on the Hope reckon it would be ok.

wwaswas

worn chain workign with chainring it wore on but not new one?

fenred
    Free Member

Did you shorten the chain when you went single ring?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

The chainring could be different thickness/ offset to your original one, giving a slightly different chainline, so maybe play about with some spacers?

It really upset my setup when e*thirteen changed the thickness of their G Rings…

Stumpjumper
    Free Member

Yeah, chain is only a couple of rides old, new chainring, and yeah shortened chain by 2 links. Will have a play with spacers to straighten it all out.

fenred
    Free Member

You’ll need to take more than 2 links out ime

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope 1×10 Chain ring problems? (Trek Remedy)’ is closed to new replies.