Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • hope 10mm bolt through query
  • world.of.spam

just bought a 10mm bolt through axle for my pro 2 rear hub,cant figure how its meant to work as the hole is not 10mm all the way through,their is a stepped down section in the middle with a 5mm(by the look of it)hole through it,how are you meant to fit a dt swiss 10mm qr/saint axle/10mm shimano solid axle through to tighten it in the frame? puzzled!
    help appreciated,cheers Andy

scruff
    Free Member

Arent some for using proper bolts in (like old crankbolt shape)

peachos
    Free Member

hmmm, interesting. i'm looking for a new wheelset & had written off hope hubs as i thought you couldn't convert to 10mm bolt-through.

so can you do this?

world.of.spam

yes some have threads for 10mm allen bolts,but not this one,its mashined out to 10mm dead,not enough metal left to tap a thread in if you wanted to,exept for the stepped down bit in the middle(5mm hole for about 15mm)its like you have to drill/bore it all the way through to use it,that cant be right can it?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Chances are you have a q/r hub axle.

Your 10mm t/a won't fit without buying the requisite 10mm hub axle and replacement bearings when the good ones are knackered bashing out the q/r axle.
    Hub axle here

world.of.spam

I will be back with a picture.

jackal
    Free Member

Yep you've got a q/r axle by the sounds of it.
    I've just swapped my pro2 rear from q/r to 12mm bolt thru, so just been in the garage to look at the old q/r axle that I took out and its exactly as you describe.
    10mm internal dia. both ends then it steps down to approx 4-5mm internal dia. around 45mm in from each end.
    Looks like you've been supplied the wrong kit, are the end caps you received with it for a 10mm bolt thru?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Sounds like you have a bolt-in kit not a bolt-through kit.

Give Hope a ring. They're very helpful.

igm

I've got a 10mm bolt through on mine (Hadley seeing as you asked, or even if you didn't). I had to knock the QR axle out as mentioned by Scienceofficer – note not just the end pieces like you do on the front but the whole axle – and replace it with the 10mm one as linked to.

jackal
    Free Member

mk1fan – Member
    Sounds like you have a bolt-in kit not a bolt-through kit.
    Give Hope a ring. They're very helpful.

nope he's got a q/r axle as I said above.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘hope 10mm bolt through query’ is closed to new replies.