Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope 1 1/8 Headset bearing universal part number???
  • sp
    Free Member

I’ve got me a Hope headset out of the classifieds and would like to get a couple of spare bearings for my spares box. Thing is the bearings dont have a part number it just says Hope on the seal, I would like to know the universal part number so I can source the bearings locally from a purveyor of all things bearing like . The top and bottom bearings appear to be the same and have a chamfered inner on the one side and chamfered outer on the other

I believe it is the latest Hope Threadless 1 1/8th Headset and for what its worth looks like this;

Northwind

I don’t know if it’s a universal- there’s a chamfer on the underside that looks pretty nonstandard. But, I used cheaper Cane Creek bearings in my old Hope headset and they worked perfectly (and lasted exactly the same as the Hope ones)

sp
    Free Member

Thanks for the Cane Creek tip.

Surely Hope have note had these bearings bespoke designed for them alone?

sp
    Free Member

Humm strange no other comments, anybody 🙄

RustyMac

You could try measuring the bearing and putting the details into something like simplybearings bearing search function.

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/index.html

nixie

As above cane creek (S3,S8) ones are inter changable. S3 is non stainless, S8 is stainless. Not seen any other sources.

strike
    Free Member

The Hope headset bearings and BB bearings are bespoke made for them by INA-FAG ie you can’t just order them from a bearing supplier.

However, the headset bearings are interchangeable with many other headsets. I think the SuperStar bearings will fit the Hopes as well.

RustyMac

By my powers of deductuion and a little guess work (not having a bearing to hand) more or less going by info found by googling cane creek S8 bezarig the bearing could be a 41mm ACB bearing 36 x 45. If you have a pair of calipers measure the one you have and compare it to the maesurements here

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advanced_search_result.php?sort=2a&search_in_description=0&keywords=ACB

Mugboo

What about hope BB bearings? Hope only?

RustyMac

Mugboo

look here,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enduro-External-MTB-Bottom-Bracket-BB-Replacement-Spare-Bearings-Kit-Hope-UK-/150898494793?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2322404d49

Don’t know if they are any cheaper than Hope bearings or not, in general Hope use decent quality bearings in there stuff so they may appear expensive but that is sometimes simply what you have to pay for a good baering. The above link goes into the detail of the size of the bearing so you can google that further.

willian
    Free Member

a little big i think

Mugboo

Cheers

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mugboo – Member

What about hope BB bearings? Hope only?
    6805 RS / 61805 2RS bearings will also fit Hope BBs, but you’ll need the plastic top hats as the ID is greater than the Hope / Enduro spefic ones.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope 1 1/8 Headset bearing universal part number???’ is closed to new replies.