Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Hooks to hang my bikes up by their back wheels from the garage ceiling….
  • beamers

…where can i get them.

Tried the usual places (Wiggle, CRC, Ribble) without success.

Google isn't delivering the goods either.

Ta in advance.

(Edit – This could be on the wrong forum depending on how you look at it. There might be a bit of DIY involved so is it OK in here?)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Lidl were/are currently selling them

sofatester
    Free Member

Sky hooks? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

B&Q, Aldi are where mine came from

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Do a search for the park tools hooks. They are pretty reasonable cash and a lot more beefy than the normal b&q ones.

monkfish
    Free Member

I'm in the same boat and this thread reminded me so I googled "garage cycle storage" and this lot popped up.

linky

I know nothing else about them but their range seems comprehensive

peachos
    Free Member

****…local cheapo DIY shops all have em. why would you ever buy park bike hooks?!?!?

beamers

I'm in the same boat and this thread reminded me so I googled "garage cycle storage" and this lot popped up.

linky

I know nothing else about them but their range seems comprehensive

Not comprehensive enough to have the ones in mind that I am thinking of.

I'm off to hunt for some Park Tool ones.

soobalias
    Free Member

halfords.

BigGraham
    Free Member

Try looking for Ladder hooks thats what my local hardware store had em labled up as

Swalsey
    Free Member

Edinburgh bike may have them – I should know as I work there now and again, but I havn't seen them in a while…

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Try Tusk – they have a range of bike specific stuff.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

local cheapo DIY shops all have em. why would you ever buy park bike hooks?!?!?

because cheap ones are super flimsy, at least the ones i've ever bought, and i have snapped a couple. whereas the park ones are really sturdy.

… and they're only £1.40 each!

steveh

Mine came from wilkinsons, less than a pound each.

dave_aber
    Free Member

Tesco. (No, I'm serious!!)

Or Here

mrchrispy

you need to spend more money on lighter bikes that way you don't to spash the cash on the park tools one. cunnnig eh?

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Best to hang them from the front wheel if they have disc brakes. Less chance of them un-bleeding themselves.
    People may be along to say that it makes no difference, but we comprehensively tested this at a place I used to work where the bikes for repair were stored on hooks.

Northwind

I got mine from Tesco, they're exactly the same as the ones most places sell and cost me, IIRC, £2 for a pack of 3.

mrsflash
    Free Member

ours were from Halfords I think.

DrP

I stand in the garage holding the bikes in outstretched arms. Much safer…

DrP

beamers

Ordered some Park ones from here.

Disappointed that they aren't blue and wont match the rest of the Park Tool Blueness in the garage.

I had planed to hang them from the back wheel until I read the comment above about the disk brake issue.

Can we have a show of hands for front or back please.

Ta

steveh

I hang mine by both front and back wheels alternately and don't have any brake issues. It allows me to fit them all in more easily without bars clashing and means that the fox forks can all be hung to drain oil into the foam rings and keep them lubed.

timdrayton
    Free Member

any discount pound shop or hardware shop has them, you can buy packs of multiple sizes for about £2 in my local…

Northwind

OK, so it turns out that the Park ones are exactly the same as the Tesco ones :mrgreen: Just a different colour.

theflatboy
    Free Member

this place sells lots of such things:
    http://www.cyclestore.co.uk

druidh
    Free Member

steveh – Member
    I hang mine by both front and back wheels alternately and don't have any brake issues. It allows me to fit them all in more easily without bars clashing and means that the fox forks can all be hung to drain oil into the foam rings and keep them lubed.

Wot he said.

I run Shimano on all mine – it might be different with other makes.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Hooks to hang my bikes up by their back wheels from the garage ceiling….’ is closed to new replies.