Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hooded jacket helmet compatibility
  • MSP

Does anyone use a hooded jacket with a helmet? How effective are they with cycling helmets?

Thinking of something like a ME changabang that would double up as a winter walking jacket and for rainy commuting and maybe also work as a shell for skiing.

spectabilis
    Free Member

If you don’t mind camo look for an military NBC suit, designed for fitting over a helmet relatively light weight yet warm too. Cost peanuts aswell check Ebay.

mlke
    Free Member

Like them for ultra wet days on a mountain bike.
    Whatever the weather on a commute I will wear a hat / jacket because it’s really dangerous not to be able to hear well and hoods can also restrict vision

MSP

My commute is mainly on fireroads, although it would be nice to be able to pull the hood on/off for the road bit at either end.

dknwhy

I’ve got a berghaus temperance II jacket with a raptor hood. Fits over a helmet and is excellent. Bit pricey though.

dudeofdoom

+1 for military kit but I’d go for the goretex not nbc 🙂

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

Endura MT500 Burner. Go’s over helmet, but can be made smaller when off the bike. It does slide off the back sometimes when at higher speeds and it has visibility panels on the sides.

brickwizard
    Free Member

Montane Atomic Hood fits over helmet a treat. Not a bike specific jacket but works for me

aphex_2k
    Free Member

spectabilis – Member
    If you don’t mind camo look for an military NBC suit, designed for fitting over a helmet relatively light weight yet warm too. Cost peanuts aswell check Ebay.

Doesn’t he just want the jacket though, not a full on NBC suit?

sandwicheater

I also ride with a Montane Atomic. Fitted the bill in respect to fit (I’m a tad lanky), packed down small, could use for multiple activities (climbing, running, ridding) & could be had relatively cheap.

As the wizard says, not bike specific but has a great fit and my go to jacket for little trips/stuff in a bag and forget. Won’t cry if gets ripped on a ride/rocks and I’ve a more heavy duty Hagloff for winter/biblical rain.

Hood fits climbing/riding helmet well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hooded jacket helmet compatibility’ is closed to new replies.