Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Honeymoon ruined, recommend somewhere to stay for riding for a few days
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

For a few reasons our honeymoon in Torridon has been ruined. I wont go into detail, but we turned up to the cottage and turned back straight away.

We are looking for somewhere to stay for a few days this week and ride and walk.

We live just down the road from Glentress and Inners, so looking for something different.

Was thinking of staying in Kielder in a yurt for a few days and riding around Kielder.

Has anyone got any other options?

Cheers

Ricks

jekkyl

What you need is Some sort of district packed full of peaks which when you climb give glorious views over many lakes and other peaks. A district which has both fabulous natural trails and an excellent trail centre but isn’t very far away at all.

windydave13
    Free Member

Bloody hell fella that’s not good.
    If you go kielder it’s not too far to Hamsterly, Slaley Forrest or Newcastleton for a bit extra. Paul can probably give you some extra suggestions as well.

robdob
    Free Member

Would be nice to know which cottage you turned away from and why as I might be going up that way this year and don’t want any nasty surprises!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Why not find a hostel and not completely waste the trip north? Then go on honeymoon elsewhere at a date and time of your choosing.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

We need to hear the story….

gogg
    Free Member
    fergal
    Free Member

Are the midges really that bad!

Trekster
    somafunk

Head to Aviemore

t-p26
    Free Member

I would stay in the highlands. Kielder for a honeymoon……how long are you planning to be married??

hora
    Free Member

Mis described?

Gribs

I’ve been to Kielder twice and I’m really not sure why I went back. The midges are almost up to Loch Lomond standard.

Just head to the lake district. There’s a good reason why it’s so popular.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fort william ? Do some of the natural riding as oppose the witches trails ?

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Aviemore – great town, amazing riding… could even recommend a cottage/house that I stayed in 2 weeks ago (PM me). I’d give the Old Bridge Inn a miss though.

godzilla
    Free Member

Swaledale

Sandwich

Hebrides or Skye if you can find a place to stay. Both have good wild-ish camping spots (toilet and water supply available but nowt else).

Fraoch Lodge on Boat of Garten is good if you go for the Aviemore side. Rebecca cooks some great food.

mulacs

Applcross is just a few miles south?

Olly
    Free Member

Massively intrigued :s

My vote goes for turning up at the nearest airport and getting some last second seats to somewhere. People drop out of flights all the time and they want to fill the seats. You can go anywhere ridiculously cheap as long as you dont care where the anywhere is!

Do it!

GregMay
    Free Member

And this is how the OP ended up in Slough.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Honeymoon ruined, recommend somewhere to stay for riding for a few days’ is closed to new replies.