Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Honestly, some people…
  • bencooper
    Free Member

I’m happily relaxing with a beer, absolutely knackered after helping to run the summer fair in our local park. A dozen volunteers have spent several months organising things, we’ve been cutting, pruning and tidying for a month in preparation, was there setting up from 10am and finished the last litter picking at 5.30pm, and we provided a completely free event to about 1000 people.

And what’s the first comment we get on Facebook? A complaint that the queues for the (free!) bouncy castle were too long.

A thank you would have been nice 😕

wallop

Post a link so we can slay them for you. 😆

bencooper
    Free Member

That might be a bit undiplomatic 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

This wont happen when you have independence*

Some folks are just born moaners just be proud of what you did and **** em

* Darling to debate with AS in case you missed the news

ampthill

Sorry but that made me smile..

Just remember they have to put up with themselves 365 days a year

bencooper
    Free Member

* Darling to debate with AS in case you missed the news

I’m not sure I can bear to watch, to be honest. Darling’s panic blink is going to go into meltdown.

Jamie
    Free Member

A complaint that the queues for the (free!) bouncy castle were too long.

Were they, though?

bencooper
    Free Member

Were they, though?

Perhaps – about 20-30 mins, apparently. I didn’t have a spare minute to see anything, but there was a bunch of other free stuff as well for people to do. Las year we got about 200 people, we didn’t quite anticipate so many…

Jamie
    Free Member

Perhaps – about 20-30 mins

I’m outraged.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Half hour queue for the bouncy castle ? ffs

Did anyone complain ?

RustySpanner

Pics of the castle?

headfirst
    Free Member

Is the Facebook page strictly necessary? Don’t give the buggers an easy (queue free) platform!

singlespeedstu

I’d just kick them in the cock and be done with it.

bencooper
    Free Member

Is the Facebook page strictly necessary? Don’t give the buggers an easy (queue free) platform!

I think so – we’ve got a website, and we hold public meetings, but usually only the usual suspects come along to those – mostly a few of the old folks who like to moan about everything. The FB page seems to reach a different audience, which is a good thing I think because we’re meant to be a group representing the local community.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Never underestimate the a-holeness of many people. You put yourself out, they (I assume) didn’t. Screw them.

boxelder

Charge loads and tell em all it’s the latest and top of the range. They’ll be happy to be seen queueing.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

lol.

cbike
    Free Member

Shhh! For cooncil purposes you only had 499. 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Young people who like to moan about everything?

oldnick

Social media does seem to give a louder voice to the tossers in our midst. Used to be that they would have to say it to your face and the spineless little twunts generally didn’t. [/goodolddaysmode]

user-removed
    Free Member

John Ridgeway. Sailed the Atlantic with Chay Blyth on an open yacht.

I went on one of his bad boy survival courses. One of the first things he said was that as soon as you get a group of people together, the first thing they do is moan and complain. He advised against this, recommending instead a positive mental attitude.

Social media has only enabled the moaners yet more free reign. Ignore and stay happy.

JoeG
    Free Member

And what’s the first comment we get on Facebook? A complaint that the queues for the (free!) bouncy castle were too long.

A thank you would have been nice

Ok. Thanks for the looonnnnggg queue at the free bouncy castle! 😡

Is that better? 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One of the first things he said was that as soon as you get a group of people together, the first thing they do is moan and complain.

True everywhere
    From the guy who runs part of our local DH series
    “Unfortunately I’m not prepared to do it again, since we didn’t have much support from the locals and even had very insulting comments and criticism on our volunteered hard work to keep the DH events in the region.”

People complained that they were not involved in track rebuilds (they didn’t come to any dig days)
    Complained about organisation but didn’t help etc.

bencooper
    Free Member

People complained that they were not involved in track rebuilds (they didn’t come to any dig days)
    Complained about organisation but didn’t help etc.

That sounds very familiar. Part of the problem is that the old people remember when the park had several park keepers – the council just doesn’t have the money for that any more, but this is lost on some people. We’ve even been told we shouldn’t do any voluntary work in the park because it’s taking away someone’s job.

DezB
    Free Member

So of all those people who enjoyed themselves and were grateful for your efforts – you come on here and complain about the one moaner on Facebook? Some people!
    😉

andyfla
    Free Member

Similar one here, ran our annual street party yesterday- couple of hundred people, and afterwards (20 mins past the finish) we are out tidying up and someone comes out and asks us to stop playing music as the party is over !!!

I hate people who complain but wont get off their arses to come and make a difference.

peterfile
    Free Member

Ben, at least now you’ll have a handy list of names/photos of people who won’t be allowed entry to next years event 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Just write a really passive aggressive reply back to put them in their place. Apologies for the long queues and that next year to solve the problem you’ll be charging £5 a bounce. Hopefully make them realise they’re being a dick.

hooli

I am involved in the village and school fundraisers and fetes. Unfortunately it is always the same people who volunteer their time, the same who show up and support the event and the same who do nothing and still moan.

Not sure what the answer is other than not bothering anymore 🙁

Yak

You reply with – ‘Fantastic day- really good turn-out. We could do with 2 bouncy castles next year. How about I put you down to run the 2nd one as you seem concerned by the queues’.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Argh I feel your pain. 😕
    Running something for free is tantamount to “head on the chopping block” syndrome as everyone knows, now try running a club for 1600 paying Members..
    If anyone moans we offer them up for election to one of the 5 committees we have running. If they refuse, we ignore them and carry on.
    🙄

MoreCashThanDash

But if it was your taste in music Andy….

A mate who is a school governor was moaning about people criticising tbe school but no one stood for the recent vacant governors positions or supports the PTA.

He then started criticising the woman who leads the Cub Scout pack that he doesn’t help with.

I was drunk enough to point this out to him, I think he was drunk enough that he took it the right way.

konabunny
    Free Member

I was going to agree with the OP but I had to read all these other tossers’ opinions on this thread before I could post my own, which I think is unacceptable.

andyfla
    Free Member

But if it was your taste in music Andy….

Nothing wrong with a bit of Aqua and Hanson

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Honestly, some people…’ is closed to new replies.