Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Honest advertising
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spotted on a bus shelter on the way in to Salisbury, this made me chuckle.

leffeboy

Fab. That works for me 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

tomhoward

Anyone seen ‘the invention of lying’ film W/Ricky gervais, it’s not worth watching if you haven’t but basically in the beginning humans cannot say things that are not true and absolute, and the main character is the guy who develops/evolves first, with hilarious 😐 consequenses…

Aaanyway, as you can imagine, this presents a problem for advertisers and marketers, so they came up with my, sadly ficticious, favourite.

Emblasoned on the side of a bus ‘PEPSI. For when they don’t have Coke.’

Made I larf it did….

crikey
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The Betsafe adverts on Dave

“this office was paid for by Dave3256 from Manchester’s looses, thanks Dave”

scaredypants

I always like the country manor one

“so light, so subtle … so buy some”

though I’ve seen it described as the worst ad ever, too

maccruiskeen

Anyone seen ‘the invention of lying’ film W/Ricky gervais, it’s not worth watching if you haven’t but basically in the beginning humans cannot say things that are not true and absolute, and the main character is the guy who develops/evolves first, with hilarious consequenses…
    Aaanyway, as you can imagine, this presents a problem for advertisers and marketers, so they came up with my, sadly ficticious, favourite.
    Emblasoned on the side of a bus ‘PEPSI. For when they don’t have Coke.’
    Made I larf it did….

Funny thing is… That in itself is an advert. Coke has a pretty big financial stake in Hollywood. One of the way that manifests is they make sure pepsi’s brand is often seen in a bad light.

Northwind

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0[/video]

scaredypants

Oh, and chortling at stoner’s last pic 😯

andysredmini
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of the film Crazy People with Dudley Moore.

BillMC

Saw a builder’s board last week, his name was ‘A.Blight of Braunston’ and I used to drive past an estate agents in Oz called ‘Robin Daley’.
    Can’t say you weren’t warned.

maccruiskeen

A plaster once gave me his business card which has his name, mobile number and ‘Am naw bad’ on it

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Honest advertising’ is closed to new replies.