Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Honduras …
  • rone

Gf wants to take a school trip to Honduras. This is not a state school.

She is well travelled and we’ve been many places together. I’m not happy at all about it and, sure perception of other countries often tarnishes things. But why put yourself at risk? It has/had the highest murder rate in the world above Mexico and other central American countries. Lots of other unpleasant stuff too.

I think I’ve convinced her the risk/reward ratio is bad and she’s on about going to Tanzania.

This is for A-level biology. Some tropical forest stuff etc.

Thoughts by anyone who has been there…

bruneep

This is for A-level biology. Some tropical forest stuff etc.

Really?

Smacks more of a jolly.

The kids wouldn’t pass their exams without this essential trip then.

FuzzyWuzzy

Sounds a bizarre choice, not sure I’d want to lead a group of kids into a remote forest likely used by drug traffickers.

rone

In their/her defense it will be an organised trip and center where they take many schools every week. This is an independent school – they do things that seem a bit crackers to me, but normal to them. They spend more time on experience/netball than the academic world.

However my opinions remain the same – why take the risk?

scandal42
    Free Member

I have travelled within Honduras, lovely country with great people, maybe it would be more relevant to look into the number of foreigners killed as there tends to be quite a difference between local drug mule / corrupt politician and little Bartholomew on a school trip.

My first choice would be Belize though, stunning place with abundant tropical forest and unique environments, plus ‘Belize time’ matches my own time keeping system pretty much to the letter 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/honduras
    Well it’s got a low threat of terrorism… and the new fav the Zika
    The killer for me with a bunch of of rich kids is

There is no British Embassy in Honduras. If you need emergency consular assistance, you should contact the British Honorary Consul in Tegucigalpa or Roatan, or the British Embassy in Guatemala City.

Your on your own when it goes wrong….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Honduras …’ is closed to new replies.