Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Honda VFR 800 VTEC – Pillion Comfort ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

anyone got one and know if a pillion would survive an Alps trip from NE Scotland 😀

martinxyz
    Free Member

chamois cream.
    and tell them to sit back,shut their holes,be thankful their getting to come with you… and enjoy the scenery!

i am clueless with bikes but i thought i read the vfr 800i or 800 fi? as being a better version. not sure if they said it was non vtec or if it was vtec also.i think it was some sales guy from DK motorcycles that mentioned it in a mag when talking vfr 800s.

on that note, its too hot in here so im off for a spin down loch ness!

the_lecht_rocks

aye – it's hot, dry and dusty in aberdeenshire too 😀

anyone else ?

daveh
    Free Member

Have you bought it yet?

aviemoron
    Free Member

Macbeef, ya lucky sod, mind you keep a nice clean visor now and watch out for dithering tourists!
    I wouldn't pillion on any big jap bike.

sv

Would imagine its goin be quite comfortable – porobably more comfort than the rider!

gixer.john
    Free Member

I've got three bikes and the missus gets uncomfortable after about an hour and a half on the Fazer 1000, about an hour or so on the MT01, and about 30 seconds on the v-raptor.
    It is effing miserable for the pillion if they are constantly fidgeting, best thing to do is try it out on home turf first, maybe try riding to Wales or do a mini tour round the West coast of Scotland top to bottom. That way you can gauge the comfort for you and your pillion, and work out the best way to load the bike up with gear.
    Would reccomend a Starcom intercom, nothing worse for the pillion whnen you are trying to communicate through muffled helmets, also alows both rider and pillion to have seperate MP3's plugged in. Pillin can get very bored.
    The bike itself will be no problems.
    If you decide to go anywhere and want a place to stop for the night, you might be able to stop off at mine if you give me a wee bit of notice – i live in Cannock, but do understand the Scottish accent!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I looked at tehm when I wanted a sports tourer. The pillion seat was small but the most important thing was the pillion pegs were very high. Got a BMW RS instead
    I wouldn't want to sit on the pillion of a vfr for sure

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Honda VFR 800 VTEC – Pillion Comfort ?’ is closed to new replies.