Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Honda Prelude 2.0 V-tec. Any users here?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Considering one as they're cheap. Year? 2000-2001, no skirts, spoilers, chavings. No leather probably.
    Deffo manual.
    Might consider 2.2 v-tec but 2.0 preferred.
    Show me yours please, tell me storries.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Is the 2.0ltr one the SOHC VTEC engine?

If so don't expect performance anywhere near that of the 2.2 DOHC VTEC.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Talk to me then, I'll want it to be my once-a-week commuting car, family trip twice a week for a day out, couple of long, circa 1k miles each way, trips a year. Across the continent, German Autobahns await. No need for more than 110mph for several hours with 3 people on-board and some luggage in the boot. Imagine a second car that you want to use to go on holidays to Italy or Spain.
    BTW How much will the road tax be for either 2.0 or 2.2 next year?

thebunk

Had the 2.2 vtec for a bit, absolutely brilliant car, solid, reliable, fast (so fast), would happily cruise at pretty much any speed you wanted, but eats oil and petrol (probably wouldn't if you didn't hoon it everywhere, but I was young, foolish and didn't have a mountain bike to feed).

You can't make someone sit in the back whilst you drive to Spain though, it's cruel and unusual punishment.

Hairychested
    Free Member

How about a kid in a kiddy seat? She was just over 2 when we took her from London to Poland and she said it was fun (my missus thought afterwards the little one was mad, wonder why?).

thebunk

Oh, if it's a little 'un, it might be OK – how quick do their legs grow then?

peachos
    Free Member

ah i had a prelude when i lived in NZ. such a great car to drive and so fast. it had some weird 4 wheel steering system too, but never really figured out how that worked. wasn't the most ideal though as it's main use was to get me and a bunch of mates up the mountain everyday and the dirt track eventually killed it. still, the best car i have ever owned by a long shot!

thebunk

4 wheel steering was a great gimmick – at low speeds the back wheels steered in the opposite direction to the front, decreasing the turning circle and making parking easy. At high speed they steered the same direction, so it felt like it was on rails.

peachos
    Free Member

sounds amazing…never noticed it working though!

Trimix
    Free Member

I had one as a company car for a year. I thrashed it everywhere, treated it very very badly, no warm up, stamped on the throttle, brake, did hand brake turns in it every day – wheel spun everywhere. I drove it like a chav and never ever had any problems with it.

Flipping brilliant, dependable, reliable, great car. I would have one again, but if it was mine I would drive it sensibly. Cant comment on fuel consumption, it was all paid for by the company.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Honda Prelude 2.0 V-tec. Any users here?’ is closed to new replies.