Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Honda Jazz any one had one?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

If so whatcha reckon to it as a car for the missus, pretty low mileage with the occasional jaunt up the motorway with a dog in the back. They seem pretty spacious for a small car. looking at a 2004-2006 model

Ta Oracle

hora
    Free Member

I’ve never owned one but I’ve driven a few; 1.4 manual (accident management car), friends DSG paddle shift-type Jazz a few times etc.

A very impressive car. Great packaging- internal use of space etc. From what I found (researching)- they are very capable of clocking serious high miles too.

I ‘think’ post-2007 for the first year of production (switched to China) the QC was abit iffy then it picked up again. I think you can see on the cars bodywork the origin stamp?

tonyd

A mate has one and loves it. He got it new a year or so ago, no issues as yet. He just commutes 10 or so miles each way for the most part (I know, lazy bugger) and it averages just over 50mpg according to the computer. 4 of us went into that there London (~40 miles) in it on Monday night, comfy enough, speedy enough.

It’s a funny ‘blue rinse’ colour though, most of them seem to be. And every other one I see round our way is driven by a pensioner!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A friend has one and loves it. The only possible problem is that everyone refers to it as his “Pensioner wagon” and asks if it comes equipped with a bag of Werther’s Paedo Pellets in the glove box as standard.

🙂

muzzle
    Free Member

My mum’s got one and she’s a pensioner! She’s very happy with it though.

xcgb
    Free Member

LOL I wont mention that to her although she is in her 50s….. so if the cap fits

Thanks guys!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Werther’s Paedo Pellets

😆

traildog
    Free Member

I have one. It’s an absolutley brilliant car and I couldn’t imagine wanting anything else.
    Tardis like space (larger inside than a focus, smaller outside), quality feel and it’s been really reliable so far and clocking up far too much mileage for me to be happy at the moment.
    I couldn’t care less about the image – in fact that adds to it for me. Less boy racer image means cheaper insurance.
    I can rave for ages about this car, I really like it! 🙂

srednivashtar
    Free Member

I’ve got a manual 03 and bloody love it for all the reasons listed above. And despite its reputation as a granny-mobile it’s actually pretty nippy.

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers anyone tried the auto version?

hora
    Free Member

and it’s been really reliable so far and clocking up far too much mileage for me to be happy at the moment.

just one anecdote that I picked up on- a small haulage business bought one as a stop gap to ferry staff etc round. They kept it and its on well over 250k now. They’ve had to replace the drivers seat though as it collapsed.

Yes- the flappy paddle 7speed version. Still nippy and not jerky to use.

I find the custard yellow Jazz’s really appealing.

tonyd

You should also prepare yourself for your mates calling it a Honda Jizz and sniggering constantly (I do).

hora
    Free Member

rebadge the rear- must be easy…

khani
    Free Member

According to a mechanic friend, you can’t go wrong with’n’onda..

epicsteve
    Free Member

We’ve got two. Wife has a 1.4 automatic one (with the CVT and paddles) and daughter has an older (2005) 1.2 manual. Great little cars – and not so little inside either. With the back seat down I can get my road bike in no problem, without even having to take a wheel off.

My 21-year old daughter thinks the granny image is an advantage – the cops never stop her even when she’s driving in the early ours of the morning. Her friends with more obvious kids cards (Corsa’s and the like) get stopped all the time.

Susie
    Free Member

Got rid of my 06 1.2 Jazz last year, around 55,000 miles on the clock. It was great for carrying bikes and very economical, but a bit slow and made overtaking a bit of a pain. I’m not sure if we got a bad one as had to have some rust sorted under the 3 year warranty, then got another patch of it outside of the warranty. Had problems with the door locks, key not going in, not turning etc, then last year the key wouldn’t go in the ignition. Got quoted nearly £1k to have ignition locks and door locks replaced. Local garage took some tumblers out of the ignition lock to save having to buy a new one and we traded it in 2 or 3 months later.

hora
    Free Member

Susie that sounds like the first Chinese produced one. It was plagued with production line issues.

ivantate
    Free Member

I like the latest one, yellow seems good.

Lots of cat d writeoffs around for good prices.

chewkw
    Free Member

xcgb – Member

Why would you want a manual gear car?

Even my boy racer mate has now opted for auto gear …

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

My aunt had one, loved it. Used for everything, really raved about it. Then she had gearbox issues with it and was going to cost a lot to fix it, so traded it in and didnt buy another. Hers was an early one about ’04 reg, I believe.

ash.addy
    Free Member

My wife bought one in 2002 she’s now done 85000 miles with no problems. It’s really nippy and is like a small van inside. She’s even still on the first clutch and there is a timing chain so no belt to snap.

DrNickRiviera
    Free Member

Got an early new shape one, they rock! Just a touch oap.

ampthill

My sister has one and its been great

I think the only miner negative that she mentioned is that it is apperently the most expensive cat to fix if you hit anything. She hit a deer and although covered by insurance the bill was huge. Apparently the clever space use pushes all kind of delecate bit to the edge of the car so a minor pump like hers can wipe out the radiator and other cooling stuff

However that doesn’t contradict what said above or a reason not to go ahead. Its just another piece of the puzzle

muddyground
    Free Member

Had a 2003 1.4 auto seven speed paddle shift for 6 years from new, and did 50,000 miles. It was OK is all. Understeered like mad, engine rattled away until warm and the auto needed fluids changing every 3 years – one routine service cost us £700 with Honda. They never saw the car again. They leak where the roof joins the rear wing, easy fix but annoying. Got 41mpg out of ours. Paint thin. Never ever used the paddle shift.

The 1.2 manual is meant to be the better car.

Honda give you flowers when they service the car – may be a deal breaker for you 😀

The Fiesta was the much better car.

catnash
    Free Member

Had a 05 plate, great car space was amazing, lock went just after warranty so fixed free luckily. There was a recall for the handbrake being faulty, heard of a car rolling into another but Honda didnt want to know. The only two negatives were expensive to service the 1.2 and the image. I have to admit the Japan built Jazz was light years ahead of my UK 06 Civic. Have a Panda and that’s obviously got less space but a lot more fun to drive.

PS I never got flowers!!!

Bez

Had mine from new, 9 years and 90k, haven’t got a bad word to say about it. 100% reliable, economical, absolutely insanely practical and spacious, rear seats fold away in seconds, half decent stereo, drives nicely, cheapish to tax and insure… As they say on eBay, ***AAA++++ EXCELLENT CAR WOULD BUY AGAIN***.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Mum has one, had no issues with it. The boot is deceptively big. Its a 1.4 nippy enough for what it is. She’s 65 so the image doesn’t bother her, my sister borrowed it and it was nicknamed the Vejazzle. Of the cars in its class it must be pick of the bunch, the bright metallic blue look less OAP, mums is that mint ice cream green.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Done 120k in one (Japanese built ’04). Still on original clutch, only major faults being rear wheel bearing went after 40k (fixed under warranty) and two brake calipers siezed (one front, one rear) after 100k. Little bit of rust appearing under seal on rear door. Only other minors being headlight bulbs (all other lights apart from rear numberplate lights still original bulbs after 120k!) and compressor clutch relay went after about 80k (easy £35 fix with Honda part). Radio packed up after 110k, CD still ok though.
    70mpg on a longer trip if you try very hard, otherwise 45-50mpg around town. Have moved house twice, had fridges etc easily in the back.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Honda Jazz any one had one?’ is closed to new replies.