Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Honda Civic 2.2 diesel mpg
  • salsa
    Free Member

Hi

Looking at one of these as a new company car, we now pay our own fuel and charge back at 15p or 18p per business mile. The Honda comes in at 18p per mile. What can I expect as a real mpg running one of these, 65mpg is indicated but is manufacturers figure, the car will be driven easily as now paying own fuel? My other option is a Volvo V40 2.0d D3 has anyone any experience of these both to drive and mpg?

Thanks

timc
    Free Member

mum gets 40mpg around town driving normally

druidh
    Free Member

I used to get 60+ on decent trips.

Dibbs
    Free Member

According to Fuelly around 41mpg average.
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/civic

Dibbs
    Free Member

The L4 diesel seems a bit better 45ish mpg.
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/civic/diesel%20l4/hatchback

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

my 06 plate averages 49, used mainly around town, and mtb trips away.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I never got over 45mpg out of mine but I’ve a heavy right foot

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

18p a mile?
    Jesus, I was getting that in 1983…

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

My Accord with same engine gets 47mpg on my 27mpg average speed commute. No point in having a heavy right foot….

Probably still the best diesel you can get in terms of refinement and reliability….

martymac

my mate got just under 46mpg average out of his accord (a good bit heavier) over 110,000 miles.
    he isnt a slow driver, certainly a good bit quicker than i am.
    i believe its the same 2.2 i-ctdi engine? although no doubt someone will correct me if im wrong.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

near as dammit the same. ancillaries arranged slightly differently, but generally the same.

martymac

i will also add, much, much quieter than my mondeo tdci, you would be hard pressed to tell what fuel it uses.

br
    Free Member

18p a mile?
    Jesus, I was getting that in 1983…

If that was just for fuel, you’d have been taxed – are you confusing with private car business miles?

salsa
    Free Member

Car is company and I pay tax on it, Honda £120 a month, fuel is purely fuel no running costs for the car, I work it out as long as I get 36mpg I’m ok

If you run your own car it’s 45p per mile for business

Thanks for the info

coopersport1
    Free Member

I bought the 1.8 petrol over the diesel in the end as to break even cost wise I would have had to do something like 70k in 3 yrs before they averaged out. Seeing as I only do about 15k a year the petrol made sence.
    Commuting round the M25 on a clear run at 65mph I was getting 48mpg and regularly see 42mpg on a run at 65-70 loaded up. Daily running around I get high 37-38mpg so the figures people are saying above for the diesel may make the petrol an option if it is an option to you.

You have to drive gently and these figures drop if you us all of the vtec rev range in anger 😀

takisawa2

Had one from work occasionally. Low 40’s seems an accurate figure from the 2k I did rattling to Slough & back from Staffs.

superfli
    Free Member

Wife gets about 44mpg driving daily country roads and around town.
    I used it recently on an MTB trip to Shropshire. 2 AM bikes on towbar carrier and averaged 45mpg over 400 miles.
    Without the bikes I’ve had 50mpg on a m/way long drive.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Drove from prestwick to Linlithgow and back yesterday, 120 odd miles. Reset the trip computer when I left, it’s dual carriage and Mway most of the way. Averaged 53.5, and not driving like miss daisy.

josh1982
    Free Member

My accord estate with the same engine which also normally has a full boot does about 38/39mpg going of the trip computer.

jeffl

Do remember that the new shape accord has a new diesel engine. Assume the new civic also has the new diesel engine.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Honda Civic 2.2 diesel mpg’ is closed to new replies.