Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • HONC route help!!!!
  • Sutton-Rider
    Free Member

Im trying to convert the 50 aand 100k routes for tomorrows honc toi work on my garmin edge 305….. but cant. Has anyone done it and could i pinch a copy please. 🙂

grahamh
    Free Member

What sort of connection cable dose it take?
    If its USB then bring it along with you, I’ll bring the laptop
    see if it will load up directly from tacklogs or memory map.

Sutton-Rider
    Free Member

thanks for that, i have track logs just cant get the GPX file to convert to a crs file.

Leon
    Free Member

hmm, I’m trying to do this at the moment. Will report back if I get it to work.

sockpuppet

if you google gpx2crs then the top link leads you to a conversion app you can download for free.

i use it and it works well

then import the .crs

HTH

Leon
    Free Member

ok, how do you import the .crs? I’ve been using Sporttracks, but I can’t figure it out.

Am I supposed to use the rubbish Garmin s/w?

clubber
    Free Member

why not keep it as gpx? My garmin etrex at least works fine with them.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Which version of tracklogs have you got ??
    if its version 2 i`ll email you the 50k route if you want that ?

Tony

sockpuppet

i use the garmin software, and yes, it’s poor…

but: if you open training centre, the third tab deals with courses. there’s an import course option in the file menu, and once it’s showing on the course list, connect your gps and export. there’s a little blue oval button that looks like an old forerunner (if you use your imagination) – that’s it!

apologies for stating the obvious – it’s late and the night before the event so i thought it might help!

Sutton-Rider
    Free Member

Still having trouble, cant get any software to even see the routes that are on the honc site. if any one could email me a converted route i would be really grateful

grahamh
    Free Member

The comuter will be in the car, so ask for me at the sign in desk
    nd we’ll see if we can get the thing to down load for you directly.

Digimap
    Free Member

suttonrider – I’ve just tested the 50K route and it’s working fine with TrackLogs and the Edge305.

Download the file of the HONC website and save it to your hard drive somewhere like c:\temp. Then run TrackLogs v3.12 or later and open the file. Now select “Tools=>GPS Transfer” and the “Save as Course” tab to send it to an Edge 305. The training partner in the Edge will be paced according to the settings you choose in the drop down box so pick mountain biking.

If you’ve got an earlier version of TrackLogs v3 then download v3.13 from the TrackLogs website. If you’ve got TrackLogs v2 then courses didn’t exist in 2004 so you’ll need to download the v3 demo and use that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘HONC route help!!!!’ is closed to new replies.