Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • HONC roll call & probably discussion about tyres/crossbikes/etc
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

Yeah, Hwe will sleep ride with anyone these days… 😛

That said, there’s been quite a bit of mingling of clubs lately – the cheesy riders and the bristol mountain bike club went trail building together! It’s all getting a bit warm and fuzzy – like it! 😀

martyntr
    Free Member

Just changed my Bars for the HONC. I’ll find out after 50Km that they give me back ache I’m sure… 😉

clubber
    Free Member

and after last night’s ride/desperate effort to do some last minute training, I’m thinking that I haven’t been out on the bike enough recently to be using my racing saddle (spesh toupe) for HONC… I think I may swap it for the one on my mtb which has more (some!) padding…

sheldona
    Free Member

I’ll have a cheese board fitted to the bike Clubber if you need a slice of cheddar to ease the chaffing 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

I’m planning to take some nice fillet steak with me 😉

Might bbq it after 😯

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ll be riding the Anthem that creaks from all sorts of places so I don’t expect much company on the way around (it’s annoying enough riding the thing :p )

grahamh
    Free Member

Would not a soft cheese be more useful than a hard cheese like chedder?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’d end up soft underneath clubber 😉

BBQ clubber? Steak tartar is where its at man 😡

YoGrant
    Free Member

I’ll be there, singular jersey and singular gryphon drop bars. Say hello if you see me…will be with Singular Sam and a good few others on singlecrossers

clubber
    Free Member

is “singlecrossers” slang for cross dressing lonely hearts? 😉
    Graham, is it right that the gps file is quite rough and doesn’t really follow the trails/roads and really just matches up at the waypoints?

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

The first climb out of Winchcombe will be great on a singlespeed crosser and will be a nice warm up for your legs… or not Grant 😀

By the way Grant I still have that Cannondale 1FG you sold a few years back, still going strong and liking it. Had a few upgrades, great bike. But it will be in the shed on sunday.

keyses2

grahamh – cc-cc = cheltenham and county cycling club ? Think you could be a bit quick for me. I’m going to do the 50k and see how I get on, havent quite worked out how to factor the rest (cake) stop into my average speed though 😀

grahamh
    Free Member

Correct.
    If you going to do the 50k it may be worth trying to hook up with
    Bushwacked, as hes going round the 50k with Mrs Bushwacked.

peteimpreza

conti 1.5s now fitted bring on the sun and cake at the half way stop

cmyk
    Free Member

i’ll be getting down and dirty, round the edge of some field, with uncle john.

grahamh
    Free Member

Bonty Mud X. Cus thats whats on the bike.
    I’ll just put a bit more air in them 😕

keyses2

ooh weird coinicidence thing – the bike i’m riding is ex Mrs Bushwacked

clubber
    Free Member

So…. now the rain’s been and gone… what tyres for HONC 09? 🙂 (OK, I know what I’m using regardless but I had to ask…)

Presumably it’s like it is in Bristol up there – ie the rain’s just soaked in and it’s still dry?

MrAgreeable

The pertinent question for me isn’t “what tyres”, but “Where in Bristol can I get hold of a half-decent ‘cross tyre to replace a completely bald Conti Speed King that punctured again on the way to work yesterday?” Any ideas?

Nouveau’s said he’ll try and dig one out, but I don’t want to be cursing the poor chap’s name if he doesn’t get round to it…

IHN

Ain’t not been no rain in these ‘ere parts. It’s clouding over a bit now, might get a smattering later but it’ll just soak in (and hopefully soften things slightly, so I get slightly less of a knacker-battering on the crossdresser)

cheers_drive

The pertinent question for me isn’t “what tyres”, but “Where in Bristol can I get hold of a half-decent ‘cross tyre to replace a completely bald Conti Speed King that punctured again on the way to work yesterday?” Any ideas?

I’m looking for some in Bristol too as my Speed Kings are also looking a bit bald. Ideally folding so I take take it with me.
    Bike and Cycle Surgery didn’t have any, maybe the bike jumble will come up trumps?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

MrA, Fred Baker or Evans?

clubber
    Free Member

mr a, i’ve texted you

grahamh
    Free Member

I’ve just got back after checking the final section over Cleeve Common.
    It’s very dry, baked hard in places, even dusty.
    And the final descent down to Postlip, well in places I was being
    shacken to bits on a hard tail, so the boys and girls on crossers
    are going to suffer 😈

Andy

I have an entry available – if anyone wants/needs one. Cant do due to work. Out this afternoon, back this evening around 6pm ish. Oh and it comes with a large T-shirt. PM me with a phone number if interested.

cheers

martyntr
    Free Member

Nice to hear it’s still dry after last nights downpour..

MrAgreeable

Fred Baker only have treaded road tyres. Not tried Evans yet. Clubber, I don’t have a text from you yet but would it have anything to do with the Performance Cycles boys?

clubber
    Free Member

mr a, nothing to do with pc. I have spares… Give me a call if you need them.

sheldona
    Free Member

Had some rain over night but its dried out again now.

Grant I think I may be on the same bike as you albeit different! Tyres, well as I said earlier in the post I’d use Small Block 8s as its drier than a Nuns Cough up there in them ‘ills

grahamh
    Free Member

Sheldon, have you still go that toy pram you had at mountain mayhem last year?
    I think a few of the fast boys may need it as they start the first climb, going on what happened last time the event started up that way..

mrmo
    Free Member

did the first climb this morning, wear sun glasses, they have resurfaced the track in bright limestone, felt like i was getting snow blindness!

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Weather watch from Prestbury (4 miles from start)Clouds over cleeve, feeling a little damp in the air but no rain yet.

will keep ya posted

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘HONC roll call & probably discussion about tyres/crossbikes/etc’ is closed to new replies.